Thread: H-T195C!-T146C! - What?

Registered Users
    Sex

Question H-T195C!-T146C! - What?

Hello Community.

I got my mtDNA results from Geno 2.0 and My Family Tree DNA.

It says that my maternal haplogroup is H-T195C!-T146C!. It is a subclade of H10b, I guess.

Can somebody explain to me if we already know where and when this mutation arised in europe?

Thank you a lot,

Maximilian

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted
    mtDNA (M)
    U5a2a1

Geno 2.0 does not test the full mtDNA genome so the results might not be as specific as possible. Did you also test the full mtDNA genome at FTDNA?

Registered Users
    Sex

No, I just had the basis test.

But it looks very specific, less than 0.1% of all participants have the so called haplogroup H-T195C!-T146C!.

My problem is that I am a beginner at genetical research - I can't interpret the result...

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    I-FT248579
    mtDNA (M)
    H5

United States of America Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximilian View Post
    No, I just had the basis test.

But it looks very specific, less than 0.1% of all participants have the so called haplogroup H-T195C!-T146C!.

My problem is that I am a beginner at genetical research - I can't interpret the result...
    Is the mtDNA testing the only DNA testing which you have done? In my opinion, mtDNA is the most difficult type of DNA to understand the results of, and many think that it usually provides the least amount of useful information Is you maternal line the question which you are most interested in solving?

Thanks,

Jack

5. The Following User Says Thank You to C J Wyatt III For This Useful Post:

Maximilian (10-10-2016)

Registered Users
    Sex

Thank you for your reply!

No, I took the Geno 2.0 "package", it "is specifically designed for anthropological testing and includes SNPs from autosomal DNA, X-chromosome DNA, Y-chromosome DNA and mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA)." (Wikipedia)

While the Geno 2.0 results say my maternal Haplogroup is H10B, myFTDNA took the results and analyzed them aswell, they claim that the maternal haplogroup is H-T195C!-T146C!.

I am very interested in solving my maternal haplogroup!

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted
    mtDNA (M)
    U5a2a1

If FTDNA reported your results as H-T195C!-T146C!, you tested the full sequence. For people who only tested the mtDNAplus (the hypervariable region) they would only report the results as H. You can join the FTDNA H Subclade Discovery project, share your coding region results with the volunteer project administrator (that's me) and I'll compare your results with others in H and try to placed you in a new subclade of H.

Both T195C! and T146C! are very common back mutations and might not be significant. So you are in H but not yet in a named subclade of H.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Gafasigirig
    Nationality
    Icecold
    Y-DNA (P)
    Q-Y16849
    mtDNA (M)
    H14a
    Y-DNA (M)
    R-Z2103
    mtDNA (P)
    HV-T16311C!

Turkey Afsharid Dynasty
    As with all testing you need the full one to know your exact subgroup
    Of all the countries, this is possibly the most beautiful. All that is beautiful and can be rarely seen in
    other countries can be seen everywhere here... Here live the people who wear the cleanest clothes and prepare the
    most flavorful dishes... Of all of Godís servants, the local people are the most compassionate and merciful...

Ibn Battuta about Asia Minor 1333CE

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by GailT View Post
    share your coding region results with the volunteer project administrator (that's me)
    I'd like to! How can I contact you?