Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Help placing SNP below Z16943

  1. #1
    Registered Users
    Posts
    61
    Location
    USA
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L21 > Z251
    mtDNA
    A2

    Help placing SNP below Z16943

    YFull recently discovered that the SNP FGC34554, previously only known below L555, is actually a few blocks upstream of that. Both FTDNA and YSEQ were made aware of this, and YSEQ created a single SNP test for this SNP. FTDNA has not yet added FGC34554 to its haplotree or to the new Z251 SNP Pack. This SNP is in a region that is not typically covered by the Big Y and it was missed in my FGC Y Elite results as well.

    Two kits that were Z16943* have now tested positive for FGC34554 -- this confirms that the SNP is downstream of Z16943, but upstream of Z16944.

    I'd like to recruit people who are Z251>Z16943+ to order this single SNP test from YSEQ. This test would be of interest to people who are currently in Z16943 and negative for other SNPs, as well as members of the CTS4157 and A4257/BY9603 subclades. We probably only need one member from each of those subclades to test. CTS4157 is expected to be negative for FGC34554 according to YFull, but a single SNP test confirmation would be helpful.

    Please reply here or private message me if you're interested so we can coordinate the test results. The test itself can be ordered here (you'll need to send a sample to YSEQ if you haven't tested with them before): https://www.yseq.net/product_info.php?products_id=35616

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cairn For This Useful Post:

     dp (11-09-2016),  marosjor (11-09-2016)

  3. #2
    Registered Users
    Posts
    3,841
    Sex
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    mtDNA
    H

    Quote Originally Posted by cairn View Post
    YFull recently discovered that the SNP FGC34554, previously only known below L555, is actually a few blocks upstream of that. Both FTDNA and YSEQ were made aware of this, and YSEQ created a single SNP test for this SNP. FTDNA has not yet added FGC34554 to its haplotree or to the new Z251 SNP Pack. This SNP is in a region that is not typically covered by the Big Y and it was missed in my FGC Y Elite results as well.

    Two kits that were Z16943* have now tested positive for FGC34554 -- this confirms that the SNP is downstream of Z16943, but upstream of Z16944.

    I'd like to recruit people who are Z251>Z16943+ to order this single SNP test from YSEQ. This test would be of interest to people who are currently in Z16943 and negative for other SNPs, as well as members of the CTS4157 and A4257/BY9603 subclades. We probably only need one member from each of those subclades to test. CTS4157 is expected to be negative for FGC34554 according to YFull, but a single SNP test confirmation would be helpful.

    Please reply here or private message me if you're interested so we can coordinate the test results. The test itself can be ordered here (you'll need to send a sample to YSEQ if you haven't tested with them before): https://www.yseq.net/product_info.php?products_id=35616
    Hi, Cairn. Who at FTDNA was communicate with? We need to follow-up and make sure the Pack gets updated.

    EDIT: Excuse me. I forgot I was involved! We got it to the right guy, Carlos. We need to see if he added it to the pack.
    Last edited by Mikewww; 11-08-2016 at 09:21 PM.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mikewww For This Useful Post:

     cairn (11-09-2016),  dp (11-09-2016)

  5. #3
    Registered Users
    Posts
    61
    Location
    USA
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L21 > Z251
    mtDNA
    A2

    Thanks for checking Mike! I checked the Z251 SNP Pack, FTDNA's haplotree and their single SNP list on the day I posted that (Nov. 4) and FGC34554 wasn't on any of those.

  6. #4
    Junior Member
    Posts
    6
    Sex
    Location
    Oregon, United States
    Ethnicity
    European
    Y-DNA
    Z16943

    cairn,

    I will test for SNP FGC34554. I am Z16943*. I have tested negative for all SNPs under Z16943 except for A4257 which does not seem to have a single SNP test. Will this help you?

    Al

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to alhoy58 For This Useful Post:

     cairn (01-05-2017)

  8. #5
    Registered Users
    Posts
    61
    Location
    USA
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L21 > Z251
    mtDNA
    A2

    Quote Originally Posted by alhoy58 View Post
    cairn,

    I will test for SNP FGC34554. I am Z16943*. I have tested negative for all SNPs under Z16943 except for A4257 which does not seem to have a single SNP test. Will this help you?

    Al
    Hi Al-

    Yes, that would be a great help! I'll see if I can get YSEQ to also test for one of the SNPs in the A4257 branch. Let me know when you get your results!

    Cairn

  9. #6
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    341
    Sex
    Location
    Ohio
    Ethnicity
    German
    Nationality
    Galactic Empire
    Y-DNA
    R-Z324, Z5055, L188+
    mtDNA
    H5

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikewww View Post
    Hi, Cairn. Who at FTDNA was communicate with? We need to follow-up and make sure the Pack gets updated.

    EDIT: Excuse me. I forgot I was involved! We got it to the right guy, Carlos. We need to see if he added it to the pack.
    Just note that there is a waiting queue for modifying existing packs. FTDNA will continue to release new packs then they have existing modification requests that they may get to. So be prepared to wait a long time for any modifications. The U106 project has had requests in to FTDNA to modify existing packs for 12 months 13 days and counting. We now have modification requests in for all 7 packs in our region with no commitment from FTDNA as to when they may work on or release them.

  10. #7
    Junior Member
    Posts
    6
    Sex
    Location
    Oregon, United States
    Ethnicity
    European
    Y-DNA
    Z16943

    Cairn,

    Test results are back. I am FGC34554 positive (C+). Here are my results todate:
    Z251 positive
    Z16943 positive
    FGC34554 positive
    Z16944 negative
    CTS4157 negative
    A6078 negative

    Hope this helps. Looking forward to whatever it is you discover.

    Al

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to alhoy58 For This Useful Post:

     cairn (01-11-2017)

Similar Threads

  1. New Z251 subclade under Z16943
    By cairn in forum Z251
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 12-20-2015, 11:36 AM
  2. Placing ancient Anatolia for AuDna
    By vettor in forum Autosomal (auDNA)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-12-2015, 02:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •