Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DNA composition of a Filipino (Southeast Asian)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Illongo-Visayan
    Nationality
    Filipino

Philippines
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubhthach View Post
    The dna.land results for my other-half, her great-grandfather was "Spanish" (I wonder if perhaps he might have connection to Latin America)

Attachment 12578
    There are many Mexicans sent to the Philippines during the Spanish time, that may be where her Amazonian ancestry came from.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted
    Ethnicity
    Mostly Chinese
    Nationality
    USA

United States of America China
    Quote Originally Posted by Rene Bascos Sarabia Jr. View Post
    Lol I think I finally know where all the lost European or Mestizo admixture among Filipinos ended up in...

This picture has been quoted again and again to prove that Filipinos have no or very little European descent vs let's say Indonesians or Malaysians (When most likely the "Indo-European" that's represented in Malaysia and Indonesia which seem to outnumber Filipinos' are the Indo-Europeans from India not Europe whereas Filipinos have the European one due to larger distance and different culture to India), notice how Indo-European speaking groups like the Pahari, Spiti and Uyghur despite speaking an Indo-European language have large "Altaic" classification? Altaic is a (Proposed and Controversial) language group that supposedly ran from Bulgaria up to Korea, the geographical center of which would be the Eurasian area, where Eurasians, i.e. hybrids between Europeans and Asians would be there. I think the large Altaic present among the Tagalog and Visayan ethnic groups in the Philippines which is absent in Indonesia, Singapore and Malaysia (It's neighbors where there is even a higher admixture of "Chinese" where supposedely Altaic is from is actually misinterpreted Eurasian descent i.e. European-Asian which we should expect would peak most among Filipinos. However, surprise surprise; Uyghurs, Ladkhi and Tharu who are Caucasian-Mongoloid hybrids have large amounts of "Altaic" descent like Filipinos...)
    If you look closely, you'll see that the Taiwanese aborigine and Malaysian + Singaporean Malay populations also score a little bit of the yellow "Altaic" component. The Javanese and Dayak populations don't have any though.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    1/2 Ilocano 1/2 Tagalog
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    C-M130
    mtDNA (M)
    B4a1a

Philippines
    Quote Originally Posted by Rene Bascos Sarabia Jr. View Post
    Lol I think I finally know where all the lost European or Mestizo admixture among Filipinos ended up in...

This picture has been quoted again and again to prove that Filipinos have no or very little European descent vs let's say Indonesians or Malaysians (When most likely the "Indo-European" that's represented in Malaysia and Indonesia which seem to outnumber Filipinos' are the Indo-Europeans from India not Europe whereas Filipinos have the European one due to larger distance and different culture to India), notice how Indo-European speaking groups like the Pahari, Spiti and Uyghur despite speaking an Indo-European language have large "Altaic" classification? Altaic is a (Proposed and Controversial) language group that supposedly ran from Bulgaria up to Korea, the geographical center of which would be the Eurasian area, where Eurasians, i.e. hybrids between Europeans and Asians would be there. I think the large Altaic present among the Tagalog and Visayan ethnic groups in the Philippines which is absent in Indonesia, Singapore and Malaysia (It's neighbors where there is even a higher admixture of "Chinese" where supposedely Altaic is from is actually misinterpreted Eurasian descent i.e. European-Asian which we should expect would peak most among Filipinos. However, surprise surprise; Uyghurs, Ladkhi and Tharu who are Caucasian-Mongoloid hybrids have large amounts of "Altaic" descent like Filipinos...)

Also. this chart is crap, how the hell is Uyghur classified under "Altaic" (Already an arbritrary language classification) when they speak and Indo-European language, based off of Persian? And if the Altaic component among Filipinos is allegedly due to "Chinese" how come Malaysians and Singaporeans who have even higher amounts of Chinese than their Philippine neighbors have miniscule or zero Altaic in comparison? I think this is a legitimate disinformation campaign, they probably sourced the Indo-European in India instead of Europe and then reassigned Filipino's European-Asian hybrid genes into "Altaic" a proposed language group which is centered on Central Asia. I would like to know the source of this chart, what company did this and sue them for defamation and lying. Since contemporary compilations of genetic studies by 23andme and a Y-DNA database by Applied Biosystems and Institute for Human Genetics find that there are a large amounts of European and even Native American DNA found among Filipinos and they were the only East Asians with those findings while it was totally absent among other East Asian ethnic groups. Yet this totally arbirtrary chart is full of inconsistencies and lies.
    The Altaic percentage in Filipinos could maybe perhaps be stemming from Japonic/Japanese or Japanese-like admixtures from historical times would be my guess? From the DNA results I've seen, most Pinoys also endt up scoring more Japonic admix than even the Viet results I've seen so far.

My LivingDNA results (i'm of half ilocano + half tagalog extraction):

Registered Users
    Sex

The yellow component in that set of bar graphs that has been labeled "Altaic" is actually based on variance in allele frequencies contrasting populations in Japan from populations in China and vicinity (the dark blue component), with the contrast being greatest between a population in the Ryukyu Islands of southwestern Japan (i.e. Okinawans) and populations in southern China (e.g. Cantonese, though this is complicated by the fact that the Cantonese also exhibit a certain amount of affinity for Austronesian populations: cf. the light green component in these bar graphs). Populations in northern China and especially Korea also exhibit affinity for Japanese-Ryukyuan populations.

I have seen very little evidence for any connection between Filipinos and Japanese in their uniparental lineages. In fact, the most common mtDNA haplogroup in Japan, haplogroup D4 (approx. 36% throughout Japan, including Okinawa), is barely present among Filipinos (1/177 = 0.56% D(xD5b, D6) Luzon, 0/112 D(xD5b, D6) Visayas, 0/70 D(xD5b, D6) Mindanao, 0/64 D(xD5b, D6) Geographically Undefined Philippines, 1/423 = 0.24% D(xD5b, D6) Filipino total according to Tabbada et al. 2010). Filipinos and Japanese also do not share any closely related Y-DNA lineages with notable frequency; Japanese are mostly D1a2-M64, O1b2a1a-K10, O2a2b1a1a-M133, C2c1-F2613, C1a1-M8, and O2a1c-JST002611, whereas Filipinos are mostly O1a-M119 and O2a2b2a2-F706. A small percentage of Japanese (approx. 1% or so) belong to O1a-M119, but even most of those appear to belong to a subclade that is not closely related to the subclades that predominate among Filipinos, and another small percentage of Japanese belongs to O2a2b2a1-N7, whose TMRCA with O2a2b2a2-F706 is estimated by YFull to be 13,800 [95% CI 12,500 <-> 15,200] ybp. A small percentage of Filipinos (except in the tiny Batanes Islands, located between Taiwan and Luzon, where the haplogroup is apparently quite common) belong to O2a1c-JST002611. So, there is a very small degree of overlap in Y-DNA haplogroups between present-day Japanese and present-day Filipinos, and what little degree of overlap does exist appears to be possibly mediated by Chinese people (i.e. Chinese people migrating to Japan and assimilating into the Japanese population and Chinese people migrating to the Philippines and assimilating into the Filipino population).

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ebizur For This Useful Post:

DMXX (08-20-2019),  okarinaofsteiner (08-23-2019),  Ryukendo (08-20-2019)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123