Ethnicity
    Italian Alpine
    Nationality
    Australian and Italian
    Y-DNA (P)
    T1a2b- Z19945
    mtDNA (M)
    H95a1

Australia Italy Veneto Friuli Italy Trentino Alto Adige Austria Tirol Australia Eureka
    Quote Originally Posted by GarethH View Post
    Thanks for alerting me! This is one of several interesting Druze Big Y tested kits. We also have a T-L490 (probably L206+ M70-) whose TMRCA with the rest of T1 is approx. 20,000 years ago.
    Since the Druze are stated from a recent paper ( about a month ago )
    The biogeographical analysis localised many of the Druze to the Zagros Mountains and the mountains surrounding Lake Van and postulated that their migration path ran along a trajectory from southeast Turkey to southeast Syria.
    Druze biogeographic affinity, migration patterns, time of emergence and genetic similarity to Near Eastern populations are highly suggestive of Armenian-Turkish ancestries for the proto-Druze.

Such a conclusion is in agreement with our ancient DNA analysis since, in relation to ancient individuals (12,000–1000 B.C.), a third of the Druze appear like ancient Armenians, whereas the remaining exhibit nearly 80% ancient Armenian ancestry compared to less than 15% ancient Levantine ancestry

and their closest admixture is with Armenian and Adygei , then the L must be from the caucasus mountains . which IIRC does have a lot of L

As for your T-L490 ..............I am positive for this as well ...and... positive for M70
    Last edited by vettor; 11-30-2016 at 06:35 PM.

My Path = ( K-M9+, TL-P326+, T-M184+, L490+, M70+, PF5664+, L131+, L446+, CTS933+, CTS3767+, CTS8862+, Z19945+, Y70078+ )

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vettor For This Useful Post:

A Norfolk L-M20 (11-30-2016),  XooR (12-01-2016)

Sex
    Ethnicity
    English
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA (P)
    L-SK1414
    mtDNA (M)
    H6a1a8

East Anglia England European Union
    L-SK1414 was therefore present in the Levant Region by 1000 AD. The tester is Lebanese Druze. He attests for his ancestry for at least 400 years, and recent studies into the Druze genome do indeed seem to be suggesting that although including a diversity of haplogroups, it does appear to have been pretty insular for the past 1000 years, giving a fair representation of a Medieval Levant population. The tester, in the words of the Druze DNA Project manager "should have been either residents in Mount Lebanon or migrated as many other Druze families from the Idlib region in NW Syria (Jabal el Summaq Mountain)". The FT-DNA L-SK1414 cluster on Y hg L Project (thanks Gareth) has grown to a staggering five samples.

L-SK1414 in Asia. Note that the Saudi Arabia sample is generic as I do not have his location beyond Country:

I have modified the above image of a map of South Western Asia from OpenStreetMap.org Copyright attribution-sharealike 2.0 generic.
    yDNA: L1b2c L-SK1414 (Oxon/Berks at Generation 9)
    mtDNA: H6a1a8 (Norfolk at Generation 9)
    Hidden Content .

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to A Norfolk L-M20 For This Useful Post:

Anabasis (12-01-2016),  palamede (01-18-2017),  vettor (12-02-2016),  XooR (12-01-2016)

Sex
    Ethnicity
    English
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA (P)
    L-SK1414
    mtDNA (M)
    H6a1a8

FT-DNA have moved my terminal SNP from SK1414 down to what was a novel, FGC51036. A search online found this SNP in the Jewish DNA project registered to a 490897 Rahamim (ammar alani -IQ Project) Iraqi Karaite jewish/ Anbar / heet. Does anyone else have any information on this, or how I can find out more please?
    Hidden Content .

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    NW European
    Nationality
    Welsh
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-A15521 (R-Z205)
    mtDNA (M)
    H1a

Wales England Devon European Union
    Quote Originally Posted by A Norfolk L-M20 View Post
    FT-DNA have moved my terminal SNP from SK1414 down to what was a novel, FGC51036. A search online found this SNP in the Jewish DNA project registered to a 490897 Rahamim (ammar alani -IQ Project) Iraqi Karaite jewish/ Anbar / heet. Does anyone else have any information on this, or how I can find out more please?
    490897 is one of the first 11 kits with results from the L-M20 pack but he and all the others are FGC51036-. Unlike FTDNA and YFull, FGC give names to singleton/private SNPs (i.e. found in one person only) if they pass their quality threshold. FTDNA and YFull both wait for a second positive kit to turn up before allocating a name from their BY and Y series respectively. In the case of FGC51036, the only person positive to date is you. I included it in my list of suggestions for the L-M20 pack because I suspected that SK1414 will be quite widespread and it would be useful to have a potential downstream marker. With hindsight I wish I had added a couple more because the pack is still overweight in upstream SNPs which are probably equivalent to the main branch markers. So people buying the test will get lots of positive SNPs, which looks good on the haplotree page but actually isn't always as informative as a mix of positive and negative SNPs further downstream.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GarethH For This Useful Post:

A Norfolk L-M20 (02-19-2017),  Anabasis (02-21-2017)

Sex
    Ethnicity
    English
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA (P)
    L-SK1414
    mtDNA (M)
    H6a1a8

Thanks for that excellent explanation Gareth. I'm glad to see that my crazy investment into these Y tests and analysis during 2016 is now providing some fruits. Brilliant! Looking forward to see how it grows in the future. I see there is an American L-SK1414 of European? descent? I'm particularly interested in these, in order to better understand how, and when my Y line moved from Asia to England.
    Hidden Content .

9. The Following User Says Thank You to A Norfolk L-M20 For This Useful Post:

GarethH (02-19-2017)

Sex
    Ethnicity
    European
    Nationality
    United States
    Y-DNA (P)
    L-SK1414
    mtDNA (M)
    H1b

I see there is an American L-SK1414 of European? descent? I'm particularly interested in these, in order to better understand how, and when my Y line moved from Asia to England.
    That's me! I just got these results from the L-M20 pack and discovered this forum. My g-g grandfather, I've been told, was "Pennsylvania Dutch," i.e., German or Swiss Anabaptist. According to the 1880 census, he was born in Pennsylvania as were his parents, so that would put my paternal ancestors in Europe perhaps six generations ago. Looks like there was a stop along the way from Asia to England?

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mcy5751 For This Useful Post:

A Norfolk L-M20 (02-19-2017),  Anabasis (02-20-2017)

Sex
    Ethnicity
    English
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA (P)
    L-SK1414
    mtDNA (M)
    H6a1a8

Quote Originally Posted by mcy5751 View Post
    That's me! I just got these results from the L-M20 pack and discovered this forum. My g-g grandfather, I've been told, was "Pennsylvania Dutch," i.e., German or Swiss Anabaptist. According to the 1880 census, he was born in Pennsylvania as were his parents, so that would put my paternal ancestors in Europe perhaps six generations ago. Looks like there was a stop along the way from Asia to England?
    Brilliant! This is so cool. I'm at work all night but will message you here tomorrow. You could radically change my interpretation of my Y story. Until now, a few of us in England were the only in Europe. From that I speculated that I had a Y Ancestor move direct from Asia to England between 2000 and 500 years ago. However if more SK1414 turn up in Europe then the story is more complex, and there must be more of us. You'll find what I've I've discovered so far o. My blog. http://paulbrooker.posthaven.com you
    Hidden Content .

13. The Following User Says Thank You to A Norfolk L-M20 For This Useful Post:

Anabasis (02-20-2017)

Sex
    Ethnicity
    English
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA (P)
    L-SK1414
    mtDNA (M)
    H6a1a8

Brilliant! This is so cool. I'm at work all night but will message you here tomorrow. You could radically change my interpretation of my Y story. Until now, a few of us in England were the only in Europe. From that I speculated that I had a Y Ancestor move direct from Asia to England between 2000 and 500 years ago. However if more SK1414 turn up in Europe then the story is more complex, and there must be more of us. You'll find what I've I've discovered so far o. My blog. http://paulbrooker.posthaven.com you
    Message sent to mcy5751.

If he took the L-M20 pack, and has subsequently been assigned to L-SK1414, does this mean that he is negative for FGC51036? In addition, I note that his STR to my inexperienced eyes look quite different to mine. A little distant. If so, considering that FGC51036 has also turned up in the Jewish Project from a sample provenanced to South Iraq / Kuwait, does this suggest multiple entry of L-SK1414 into Europe? At least two lines?
    Last edited by A Norfolk L-M20; 02-20-2017 at 05:08 PM.
    Hidden Content .

15. The Following User Says Thank You to A Norfolk L-M20 For This Useful Post:

Anabasis (02-21-2017)

Sex
    Ethnicity
    European
    Nationality
    United States
    Y-DNA (P)
    L-SK1414
    mtDNA (M)
    H1b

Yes indeed, I took the L-M20 pack and tested negative for FGC51036.

Thank you for your PM, which I read with great interest. As I'm new to this board I'm unable to reply/send a PM until I've reached a certain number of posts.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mcy5751 For This Useful Post:

A Norfolk L-M20 (02-21-2017),  Anabasis (03-01-2017)

Sex
    Ethnicity
    English
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA (P)
    L-SK1414
    mtDNA (M)
    H6a1a8

Quote Originally Posted by mcy5751 View Post
    Yes indeed, I took the L-M20 pack and tested negative for FGC51036.

Thank you for your PM, which I read with great interest. As I'm new to this board I'm unable to reply/send a PM until I've reached a certain number of posts.
    Incredible. Unless anyone with more expertise out there can explain otherwise, I take this to mean that we are descended from two different Asians into Europe from centuries ago. I don't think that we can be descended from the same migrant to Europe. My Y story hasn't changed yet - and yours has just begun.
    Hidden Content .

19. The Following User Says Thank You to A Norfolk L-M20 For This Useful Post:

Anabasis (03-01-2017)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast