Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    Italy
    Y-DNA (P)
    L20 BY5690
    mtDNA (M)
    H1c4b

Hi all! I just got the results of a friend of mine, L. Basteri from Sarzana (La Spezia) his kit number in FTDNA IS 424509. I joined him in U152 project, because he has the Dys 492= 14 , I think he's U152 Z56.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Titus Valerius For This Useful Post:

Agamemnon (09-19-2015),  Bolgeris (09-20-2015),  emmental (09-19-2015),  MitchellSince1893 (09-19-2015)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Germanic + Italo-Celt
    Nationality
    Swedish
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-L2 / R1b-U152
    mtDNA (M)
    H1a1

Sweden Italy Italy 1861-1946 Sami Vatican
    I got Y-dna :
    R1b1a1a2a1a2b1. My grandfather was born in North tuscany. And I have documented ancestors from that area from the 18th.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nino90 For This Useful Post:

Acque agitate (03-14-2018),  Cascio (05-25-2018),  R.Rocca (03-13-2018)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    Italy
    Y-DNA (P)
    L20 BY5690
    mtDNA (M)
    H1c4b

Hi Nino90, what you mean " North Tuscany" ? Perhaps Massa-Carrara province? Lunigiana? Because I live in La Spezia province and I have found many U152s, especially L2s, among friends of mine, myself am U152+ L2+ L20+ FGC56105+. Are you joined the U152 project ?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    Italy
    Y-DNA (P)
    L20 BY5690
    mtDNA (M)
    H1c4b

Hi all, About Z56, I have found among my friends, one Z56* that is he's negative to all SNPs downstream of Z56. I tested him with Yseq and his STRs are on Ysearch VBG8D. Previously I have found some friends U152+ Z56+ Z71+ and Z72+.
    To Diana: your father has DYS 385 a,b = 11-17 so, he's most likely positive for Z72. I advice to test him for this SNP. Even better would be if he did the Big Y

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Mostly Dutch
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-Z56>Z145
    mtDNA (M)
    W5a2
    mtDNA (P)
    M3c

Netherlands
    Two "basal" Z56+ Z43- samples from South France and Italy now form a clade together sharing three SNPs (Y131941 etc.) according to Alex Williamson's tree.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted
    Ethnicity
    Celtic and Semitic
    Nationality
    Portuguese
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-P312
    mtDNA (M)
    W6a

Hi there,

I've tested with 23andme, which gave me P312 as the maximum they could go. I then used both Mosley and Immanuel website to check if they could go downstream. Both matched on S47, which is part of U152-Z56.

Do you know anything about this subclad which belongs to Z56? Which population carried this and where can I find today most of its carriers?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Mostly Dutch
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-Z56>Z145
    mtDNA (M)
    W5a2
    mtDNA (P)
    M3c

Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    Hi there,

I've tested with 23andme, which gave me P312 as the maximum they could go. I then used both Mosley and Immanuel website to check if they could go downstream. Both matched on S47, which is part of U152-Z56.

Do you know anything about this subclad which belongs to Z56? Which population carried this and where can I find today most of its carriers?
    Hi, I believe I have just mailed you.

my interpretation is as follows (based on current data, this may change of course with future data)

S47 originated ca. 2000-1700 BC. It is spread today in Great Britain, South France, South Germany, Italy, Spain, etc.
    It seems to me most likely that it initially spread from the Western Alps to Southern France. It probably spread with several people, such as Celts or their ancestors with archaeological cultures like Urnfield, Hallstatt or La Tène. In the Roman age and later, the group may have spread even further across Europe.

I am curious to your y-dna predictions from Morley and Immanuel; in particular, a positive result for SNPs U152, Z56 (or Z43) or other SNPs in between P312 and S47 would be necessary to be certain of S47, otherwise it may be a false positive.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted
    Ethnicity
    Celtic and Semitic
    Nationality
    Portuguese
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-P312
    mtDNA (M)
    W6a

Quote Originally Posted by Pylsteen View Post
    Hi, I believe I have just mailed you.

my interpretation is as follows (based on current data, this may change of course with future data)

S47 originated ca. 2000-1700 BC. It is spread today in Great Britain, South France, South Germany, Italy, Spain, etc.
    It seems to me most likely that it initially spread from the Western Alps to Southern France. It probably spread with several people, such as Celts or their ancestors with archaeological cultures like Urnfield, Hallstatt or La Tène. In the Roman age and later, the group may have spread even further across Europe.

I am curious to your y-dna predictions from Morley and Immanuel; in particular, a positive result for SNPs U152, Z56 (or Z43) or other SNPs in between P312 and S47 would be necessary to be certain of S47, otherwise it may be a false positive.
    Thanks. I don't think I've received any email, but I saw your reply. I'm attaching here a screenshot of Morley https://ufile.io/4w84l[/IMG and now that I read your reply, it might be a false positive, let me know what you think. thanks

Sex

Pylsteen lol you sent the mail to me , thanks

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ansel For This Useful Post:

Pylsteen (05-15-2018)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Mostly Dutch
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-Z56>Z145
    mtDNA (M)
    W5a2
    mtDNA (P)
    M3c

Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    Thanks. I don't think I've received any email, but I saw your reply. I'm attaching here a screenshot of Morley (..) and now that I read your reply, it might be a false positive, let me know what you think. thanks
    Morley bases its prediction on the SNPs in your raw data; both the green and red coloured SNPs have been tested in your data; U152 is coloured red however; this means that you seem to be negative for U152, I would keep your Y-DNA at P312 for now; if you are indeed negative for U152, S47 must be a false positive. I remember that S47 also was often a false positive with LivingDNA's chip.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast