Thread: Release Note: WeGene 2016.12.14

Release Note: WeGene 2016.12.14

Most of the changes in this release are only available on our Chinese site, including:

1. A much more robust ancestry composition analysis algorithm is applied. Also a few extra regions had been added, and reference samples have been improved. The new ancestry composition is available in both our Chinese and English sites.

2. Neanderthal composition ratio is available now. Our algorithm is different from 23andme's algorithm, so the result is a little bit different.

3. DNA Relative - this is a long expected feature, basically the results of level 1-9 represents the closeness of two people on genetic level. A level 8-9 typically only represents one or two small segments shared by 2 people.

4. Contents in other reports (traits, risks, etc.) are also updated.

We are planning for the new release of our English site. Please let us know if you have any comments or suggestions.

Thanks for all your interest and we will keep improving our services.

WeGene Team

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to cgcs For This Useful Post:

Amerijoe (12-15-2016),  Calamus (12-15-2016),  evon (12-15-2016),  jortita (12-15-2016),  L1983 (12-15-2016),  Power77 (12-15-2016),  [email protected] (01-08-2017),  shazou (12-15-2016),  vettor (12-15-2016)

Administrator
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    DF27
    mtDNA (M)
    V33

New Zealand Croatia Star of David Spain United Kingdom Poland
    I've made this a sticky thread in order for these updates to be easily found.
    Ancestry on paper: English, Scottish, Irish, Welsh, Croatian, Ashkenazi, Polish and Māori.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BalkanKiwi For This Useful Post:

Calamus (12-15-2016),  jortita (12-15-2016),  Power77 (12-15-2016)

Bronze Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Assamese Tai and Kachari
    Nationality
    Indian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a1
    mtDNA (M)
    M13'46'61

India China Myanmar Vietnam Laos
    I would really appreciate your help, as I had requested for my Ancestry DNA data to be deleted so that I can upload it by downloading the latest data. However, since the last week or so whenever I try to upload I get an error message that the data had already been uploaded or the user had asked for it to be deleted. I do realise my mistake, however I would be extremely grateful if you could please enable me to upload

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jortita For This Useful Post:

Power77 (12-15-2016)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Italian Alpine
    Nationality
    Australian and Italian
    Y-DNA (P)
    T1a2b- SK1480
    mtDNA (M)
    H95a
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1b-S8172
    mtDNA (P)
    T2b17

Australia Italy Veneto Friuli Italy Trentino Alto Adige Italy Ladinia Austria Tirol
    Quote Originally Posted by cgcs View Post
    Most of the changes in this release are only available on our Chinese site, including:

1. A much more robust ancestry composition analysis algorithm is applied. Also a few extra regions had been added, and reference samples have been improved. The new ancestry composition is available in both our Chinese and English sites.

2. Neanderthal composition ratio is available now. Our algorithm is different from 23andme's algorithm, so the result is a little bit different.

3. DNA Relative - this is a long expected feature, basically the results of level 1-9 represents the closeness of two people on genetic level. A level 8-9 typically only represents one or two small segments shared by 2 people.

We are planning for the new release of our English site. Please let us know if you have any comments or suggestions.

WeGene Team

Thanks

Can you give the split up for each of the names for the ancestry part, ie, what does Hungarian represent......what other nations is with Hungarian? ......., what does Sardinia represent etc etc..........

My Path = ( K-M9+, TL-P326+, T-M184+, L490+, M70+, PF5664+, L131+, L446+, CTS933+, CTS3767+, CTS8862+, Z19945+, BY143483+ )

Grandfather via paternal grandmother = I1-Y33791 ydna
    Great grandmother paternal side = T1a1e mtdna

8. The Following User Says Thank You to vettor For This Useful Post:

Power77 (12-15-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by jortita View Post
    I would really appreciate your help, as I had requested for my Ancestry DNA data to be deleted so that I can upload it by downloading the latest data. However, since the last week or so whenever I try to upload I get an error message that the data had already been uploaded or the user had asked for it to be deleted. I do realise my mistake, however I would be extremely grateful if you could please enable me to upload
    Could you please send an email to [email protected] for this?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to cgcs For This Useful Post:

Power77 (12-15-2016)

Bronze Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Assamese Tai and Kachari
    Nationality
    Indian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a1
    mtDNA (M)
    M13'46'61

Thank you very much

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jortita For This Useful Post:

Power77 (12-15-2016)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1B-DF99(FGC16982)

Germany Imperial Normandie Switzerland
    Are you still expecting to allow for FTDNA uploads?
    K8: French East/German South/Austrian 26%, French North East/Belgian/German West 25%, French North 25%, Irish/Scottish/Welsh 10%, French South/French Basque 9%, German East/Czech/Austrian 5%
    K36: French East/German South/Swiss German 33%, French North East/Belgian/German West 31%, French North Central 21%, Irish/Scottish/Welsh 9%, French South/ French Basque 6%
    K16: German 50%, French North West 19%, French North East 11%, Irish/English 11%, French South 9%

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Theconqueror For This Useful Post:

jortita (12-16-2016),  kevinduffy (12-15-2016),  kingjohn (01-08-2017),  Power77 (12-15-2016),  vettor (12-15-2016)

Bronze Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Assamese Tai and Kachari
    Nationality
    Indian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a1
    mtDNA (M)
    M13'46'61

Quote Originally Posted by cgcs View Post
    Most of the changes in this release are only available on our Chinese

site, including:

WeGene Team
    Wegene team, I had written to your helpdesk and never received a response. My query related to seeking assistance in checking my results as I am show- as being 4.9% southern han Chinese ancestry when I have no Chinese ancestry. Could this be my whom ancestry which is a mix of daiic and thai ancestry being interpreted as southern han Chinese. As a reference, the Thai ahom in Assam originate from the Dai people of Dehong Dai. Thank you for your help