Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: FTDNA R1b-L51 (xP312 xU106) SNP Pack

  1. #1
    Registered Users
    Posts
    4,397
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b
    mtDNA (M)
    H

    FTDNA R1b-L51 (xP312 xU106) SNP Pack

    I requested this a long time ago. I think several people have requested it. I'm not an expert in this branches and have had little input other than the initial request months ago.

    We probably have a couple of business days to put together a request of last minute adds. However, I noticed this pack seems to have a high umber SNPs already, 146, so someone must have been busy.

    Also, I see someone at FTDNA marketing listed me as a contact on this pack. I'm not the best contact. It would be the R1b Basal Subclades administrators and I will engage them if I get questions. They are probably the true sources for this set of SNPs anyway. I apologize that FTDNA lists my name. I think that is just the easy and safe out for them as I've requested they not use me unless it is a pack I'm actually driving. (L21 top-layer, L513, etc.)

    R1b - L51xP312xU106 SNP Pack

    Includes the following SNPs on the haplotree:
    L51, P310, P311, P312, U106, CTS4528, PF7589, CTS6889, A8055, A8056, A8057, A8058, A8059, A8060, A8053, FGC37100, FGC37082, FGC37097, FGC37115, FGC37112, FGC37107, FGC37093, A8041, A8043, A8045, A8046, A8050, A8040, A8039, S1194, Y16484, Y16485, Y16742, Y16743, A8467, FGC23894, FGC23892, S23564, CTS1195, CTS7354, CTS8326, CTS10694, F4036, CTS7141, S17181, S18017, S23097, S6868, FGC23877, S15363, S24014, A8490, A8530, S1211, S1199, S1187, A8500, S1196, A8463, A8471, A8474, A8475, S14328, S11481, A8472, DF100, BY11990, Z2113, CTS5981, BY11998, FGC24107, A5922, BY11999, BY12000, BY12001, BY12004, BY12007, FGC24158, FGC24138, Y16631, Y16633, Y16634, Y16635, Y16636, Y16632, A605, A607, A610, A611, A614, A626, A636, CTS6192, CTS7416, CTS8679, BY11300, Y23483, Y23488, CTS11824, A613, P15, BY12053, BY12054, BY12055, BY12057, BY12058, A8051, A8052, FGC12521, BY11306, BY11307, BY11782

    Includes the following SNPs that are NOT on the haplotree:
    PF6714, CTS1276, PH1203, M10071, PF1806, Z3512, Z29844, Z29843, Z29841, Z29840, Z29839, Z29838, S8933, S819, S6863, PF7590, S1186, S1192, S1195, S1197, F1200, FGC31995, SK1562, FGC38687, CTS2484, CTS5940, Y5141, Y5142, Y5144, Y5145, Y5146, Y5149, Y5150, E207
    Last edited by TigerMW; 01-01-2017 at 01:46 AM.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TigerMW For This Useful Post:

     ballardgen (01-03-2017),  dsm (01-27-2017),  Joe B (01-01-2017)

  3. #2
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    2,718
    Sex

    For someone who has already tested DF100+, is this really the best choice? Or will FTDNA soon release a more specific SNP pack for R1b-DF100?

    I have attached a screenshot of what this L51 SNP Pack does and does not cover, within the DF100 clade.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by lgmayka; 12-31-2016 at 08:32 PM.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to lgmayka For This Useful Post:

     Joe B (01-01-2017)

  5. #3
    Registered Users
    Posts
    897
    Sex
    Location
    California
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-Z2103>Y14416

    Thanks Mike for the heads up. Have not had a chance to go over the new SNP pack in detail. Looks like it covers most of the clades. FTDNA has not highlighted all of the SNPs this pack covers on their tree. The SNPs will need to be cross referenced to the R1b-M269 (P312- U106-) tree at the R1b Basal Subclades project. Timing for this is not to good. Best bet will be to wait until next year so this new SNP pack can be evaluated. Should be fine for CTS4528, DF100 folks. Happy New Years everyone.
    https://www.familytreedna.com/groups.../about/results
    Last edited by Joe B; 12-31-2016 at 09:07 PM.
    YFull R1b-M269>L23>Z2103>Z2106>Z2108>Y14512>Y20971>Y22199, ISOGG R1b1a1a2a2c1b Y14416, FTDNA R-M64

  6. #4
    Registered Users
    Posts
    4,397
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b
    mtDNA (M)
    H

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe B View Post
    Thanks Mike for the heads up. Have not had a chance to go over the new SNP pack in detail. Looks like it covers most of the clades. FTDNA has not highlighted all of the SNPs this pack covers on their tree. The SNPs will need to be cross referenced to the R1b-M269 (P312- U106-) tree at the R1b Basal Subclades project. Timing for this is not to good. Best bet will be to wait until next year so this new SNP pack can be evaluated. Should be fine for CTS4528, DF100 folks. Happy New Years everyone.
    https://www.familytreedna.com/groups.../about/results
    Yes, I think that S1194 (is that the one right above CTS4528?) gets the bulk of the SNPs in this pack.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to TigerMW For This Useful Post:

     Joe B (01-01-2017)

  8. #5
    Registered Users
    Posts
    897
    Sex
    Location
    California
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-Z2103>Y14416

    I agree that that CTS4528 folks should be very happy. Hopefully it's the same for the PF7589 and CTS6889. Should be. It's good that they included a number of SNPs not on the FTDNA haplotree.

    The R1b-L51 (xP312 xU106) SNP Pack has a lot of interesting potential. With the increased testing and mapping, perhaps it'll help tell us something about R-L51. Interestingly, the first order is from an Armenian. We will have to take a little extra care on recommending this test. Many people who have not tested P312, from Nat Geno or whatever, will be labeled R-P311 or R-L51. The good thing is this test has SNPs P312 and U106.

    FTDNA upgraded this area of the tree recently so something was in the works. They are starting to have a good working relationship with smal. They speak the same phylogenetic language. My guess is they took that information and built a SNP Pack. After all, this is something FTDNA should be able to do with their software. Thank you Mike for promoting the concept of SNP packs. They are good to have in the testing arsenal.
    Last edited by Joe B; 01-02-2017 at 12:14 AM.
    YFull R1b-M269>L23>Z2103>Z2106>Z2108>Y14512>Y20971>Y22199, ISOGG R1b1a1a2a2c1b Y14416, FTDNA R-M64

  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Joe B For This Useful Post:

     ballardgen (01-03-2017),  lgmayka (01-02-2017),  rms2 (01-01-2017)

  10. #6
    Registered Users
    Posts
    4,397
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b
    mtDNA (M)
    H

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe B View Post
    I agree that that CTS4528 folks should be very happy. Hopefully it's the same for the PF7589 and CTS6889. Should be. It's good that they included a number of SNPs not on the FTDNA haplotree.

    The R1b-L51 (xP312 xU106) SNP Pack has a lot of interesting potential. With the increased testing and mapping, perhaps it'll help tell us something about R-L51. Interestingly, the first order is from an Armenian. We will have to take a little extra care on recommending this test. Many people who have not tested P312, from Nat Geno or whatever, will be labeled R-P311 or R-L51. The good thing is this test has SNPs P312 and U106.

    FTDNA upgraded this area of the tree recently so something was in the works. They are starting to have a good working relationship with smal. They speak the same phylogenetic language. My guess is they took that information and built a SNP Pack. After all, this is something FTDNA should be able to do with their software. Thank you Mike for promoting the concept of SNP packs. They are good to have in the testing arsenal.
    There are some new BY SNPs that I've not seen before. My guess is that Smal is working with FTDNA. I wish they would use his name rather than mine on their marketing emails. It always causes hard feelings. Believe me, I don't want any more emails. The traffic redirector business is too much in the first place. I'd rather people go right to the right source. Actually, much of the reason for R1b-YDNA forum is so people can go there and ask and multiple project admins will get a crack at answering. I appreciate the project admins participating as they do.
    Last edited by TigerMW; 01-03-2017 at 07:03 PM.

  11. #7
    Registered Users
    Posts
    897
    Sex
    Location
    California
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-Z2103>Y14416

    SNP coverage of the new R1b-L51 (xP312 xu106) SNP pack is temporarily posted to the R1b Basal subclades "Goals" page until FTDNA updates their haplotree. As with all new SNP packs, the actual tested SNPs are subject to change by FTDNA. There are many significant changes to the L51+ xU106 xP312 subgroups too. https://www.familytreedna.com/groups...es/about/goals
    Last edited by Joe B; 01-06-2017 at 06:36 PM.
    YFull R1b-M269>L23>Z2103>Z2106>Z2108>Y14512>Y20971>Y22199, ISOGG R1b1a1a2a2c1b Y14416, FTDNA R-M64

  12. #8
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    2,718
    Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe B View Post
    SNP coverage of the new R1b-L51 (xP312 xu106) SNP pack is temporarily posted to the R1b Basal subclades "Goals" page until FTDNA updates their haplotree. As with all new SNP packs, the actual tested SNPs are subject to change by FTDNA. There are many significant changes to the L51+ xU106 xP312 subgroups too. https://www.familytreedna.com/groups...es/about/goals
    If I understand that tree correctly: If someone along the Meek branch orders the SNP pack, he will end up merely S14328*. A waste of $99. Darn. I wish that the SNP pack had been designed for maximum branch coverage--e.g., one SNP for each branch--rather than many SNPs for some branches and no SNPs for others.

    My suspicion is that #119582 of Poland is somewhere along the Meek branch. Or does someone else have a better prediction?
    Last edited by lgmayka; 01-06-2017 at 09:53 PM.

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lgmayka For This Useful Post:

     Joe B (01-07-2017),  Michał (01-06-2017)

  14. #9
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    347
    Sex
    Location
    Ohio
    Ethnicity
    German
    Nationality
    Galactic Empire
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Z324, Z5055, L188+
    mtDNA (M)
    H5

    On a side topic for this SNP pack we are wondering if anyone has collected the VCF/BED files for this region and upstream under R1b. Iain McDonald is looking for them to add to the broader R1b haplogroup age estimation project he is working on.

  15. #10
    Registered Users
    Posts
    314
    Sex
    Location
    Minsk, Belarus
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-CTS9219
    mtDNA (M)
    U4a

    Quote Originally Posted by lgmayka View Post
    If I understand that tree correctly: If someone along the Meek branch orders the SNP pack, he will end up merely S14328*. A waste of $99. Darn. I wish that the SNP pack had been designed for maximum branch coverage--e.g., one SNP for each branch--rather than many SNPs for some branches and no SNPs for others.

    My suspicion is that #119582 of Poland is somewhere along the Meek branch. Or does someone else have a better prediction?
    I've asked FTDNA to include some additional markers. I hope they will realise the corrected version of the L51xP312xU106 Pack.

  16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to smal For This Useful Post:

     Joe B (01-09-2017),  lgmayka (01-08-2017),  Michał (01-09-2017),  TigerMW (01-18-2017)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. FTDNA SNP Pack
    By Just_Doc in forum R1a General
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-30-2018, 03:18 PM
  2. R1b Basal Subclades - R1b-M343 (xP312 xU106) Project FTDNA
    By Joe B in forum R1b Early Subclades
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-13-2017, 07:34 PM
  3. R1a-Z93 SNP pack from FTDNA
    By Dr_McNinja in forum R1a-Z93
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-07-2016, 10:23 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-02-2015, 08:06 PM
  5. YFull Group: R1b-M343 (xP312 xU106)
    By Joe B in forum R1b Early Subclades
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-02-2015, 09:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •