Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just Sent off Geno 2.0 NG Helix Sample- Has anyone gotten Helix results yet??

Quote Originally Posted by sktibo View Post
    Can't tell if you're serious or not?
    Umm yeah I'm serious, what? is the test bad or something?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Métis
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA
    R-Z198 (DF27)
    mtDNA
    T2B-T152C

Canada England Scotland Germany Poland France
    Quote Originally Posted by ianz91 View Post
    Umm yeah I'm serious, what? is the test bad or something?
    Yeah it's regarded by many as one of the worst tests you can buy. I still enjoyed it as a DNA test addict but I wouldn't recommend it to anybody
    Paper trail ancestry to the best of my knowledge:
    English (possibly containing some Welsh ancestry) 31.25%, Eastern European and Eastern German (Galicia, Poland) 25%, Scottish 17.96%, Scotch-Irish 12.5%, French 8.2%, Native American 1.95%, and Colonial American, 3.125%, which cannot be determined with complete certainty: there is Dutch (at least 1.36%) and some English. The rest could include Spanish, Norwegian, German, and French, but these percentages would be minuscule.

Yeah it's regarded by many as one of the worst tests you can buy. I still enjoyed it as a DNA test addict but I wouldn't recommend it to anybody
    I've only tested with AncestryDNA (which I thought was the worst) and 23andme. I was going to do Geno 2.0, but I don't want to waste my money if it's really bad.

Registered Users

Can't tell if you're serious or not?
    This made me LOL! I don’t think Spencer Wells is even associated with that testing company anymore.

Registered Users

I've only tested with AncestryDNA (which I thought was the worst) and 23andme. I was going to do Geno 2.0, but I don't want to waste my money if it's really bad.
    I wouldn’t recommend this test. The regions are very general. For example, Northwestern Europe encompasses Norway to Ireland. Seems very similar to free algorithms such as Geneplaza or Gencove.

The only aspect of their test I like is their first and second reference populations they assign you to.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mwauthy For This Useful Post:

sktibo (10-07-2017)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Italian Alpine
    Nationality
    Australian and Italian
    Y-DNA
    T1a2b- Z19945
    mtDNA
    H95a1

Australia Italy Veneto Friuli Italy Trentino Alto Adige Austria Tirol Australia Eureka
    I do not now about NG now , but when I joined years ago they got my Ydna SNP and mtdna marker correct , at least 2 years before any other company did..............they just lacked something other than just giving one their results.

and

They where the only ones that correctly gave me a split of 1.5% Neanderthal and 2.1% Denisovan..............other sites still combine these 2 together

My Path = ( K-M9+, TL-P326+, T-M184+, L490+, M70+, PF5664+, L131+, L446+, CTS933+, CTS3767+, CTS8862+, Z19945+, Y70078+ )

8. The Following User Says Thank You to vettor For This Useful Post:

wombatofthenorth (10-24-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by mwauthy View Post
    I wouldn’t recommend this test. The regions are very general. For example, Northwestern Europe encompasses Norway to Ireland. Seems very similar to free algorithms such as Geneplaza or Gencove.

The only aspect of their test I like is their first and second reference populations they assign you to.

I watched this video a while back

It's basically what convinced me to go about buying this test eventually. I don't know who to believe now.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ianz91 For This Useful Post:

wombatofthenorth (01-29-2018)

Registered Users

I watched this video a while back

It's basically what convinced me to go about buying this test eventually. I don't know who to believe now.
    I didn’t watch the whole video but I think that guy was referring to the older “Next Generation” test not the newer “Helix” test that is currently offered.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Latvian
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA
    R-L20
    mtDNA
    k1a4a1

why?
    ancestry comp is better than MyOrigins 2.0 and they show reference examples and it also gives haplogroups (with the best presentation of them of all the services)
    although it is true that the Helix version doesn't give raw data or matching

actually almost all the tests currently have issued, 23 went to V5 which uses a new chip that only shares 20% SNPs with older chips and doesn't work well on GEDMATCH or elsewhere and even on 23 they can't phase it to prior testers; Helix offers no raw data or matching; FamilyFinder gives no haplogroups and MyOrigins 2.0 is unstable and gives some regions poor detail and they show now reference results;

Sex
    Ethnicity
    'Semitic' south Asian
    Y-DNA
    R-L657
    mtDNA
    U7A3

Hi, I'm a newbie here.
    I did Helix 2.0 Next Generation with the Genographic project and got my results.
    It's all about Regional ancestry and Deep Ancestry.
    I'm more curious about my ancestry from between 500 - 1500 years ago.
    Genetic results are not available, however, They allow for download of a csv file if you agree and sign a release (see below):

"This CSV file contains the raw analytical output from your DNA sample.

I understand that the data I am about to download was generated from my DNA sample with the intent of inferring details about my ancestry and migratory history. The data file is made available to Genographic Project participants in order to allow users to explore additional details of their ancestry, using tools of their choosing. It is possible that the file may be used to analyze other aspects of your DNA, including information about your risk of developing certain diseases or whether you are a carrier for certain inherited conditions. If you choose to download this CSV file and/or to analyze your data file using software or analytic tools made available by other parties intended for reporting disease or other conditions, we assume no responsibility for any familial or medically relevant information that may be inferred through your use of such software or analytic tools. In addition, the Genographic Project cannot secure information that you download or disclose to others. We assume no responsibility for disclosure, loss, or integrity of the file after you have downloaded it.

I agree to these terms.
    Submit"

Could someone please tell me if this csv file would have information for other DNA companies to give me a detailed look at my interested timeframe (500-1500 years prior to present)?

Thanks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast