mtDNA (M)
    J1c
    mtDNA (P)
    I1a1

England Italy Sweden Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Nino90 View Post
    How deep is the Y-dna and Mtdna tests?
    Similar to 23andme V5?
    I think it might be situational, but for my case I got the exact same results, same level same everything. Its not very deep, but its better than nothing
    distance%=4.6465"
    Barcin_N,47.2
    Yamnaya_Samara,41.4
    WHG,10.6
    Ethiopia_4500BP,0.8

E-V13 => E-PH1246 => E-BY14160
    Antonio Reale born circa 1710, Ciminà Italy

2. The Following User Says Thank You to digital_noise For This Useful Post:

Nino90 (02-19-2019)

Sex

Here you have my results, all my ancestry is Basque besides one great grandfather who was Spanish:

https://my.livingdna.com/share/b3b85aea-4bb8-4a0c-a58e-48c7544aceb0

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to synder For This Useful Post:

kujira692 (03-13-2019),  MatAust21 (03-13-2019),  Nino90 (03-15-2019),  [email protected] (03-15-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Germanic + Italo-Celt
    Nationality
    Swedish
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-L2 / R1b-U152
    mtDNA (M)
    H1a1

Sweden Italy Italy 1861-1946 Sami Vatican
    Quote Originally Posted by synder View Post
    Here you have my results, all my ancestry is Basque besides one great grandfather who was Spanish:

https://my.livingdna.com/share/b3b85...e-48c7544aceb0
    Thank you for sharing. Are you happy with your results?
    Is it easy to distingues basque from french and Iberian?
    Hidden Content

Eurogenes K13 Mixed Mode Population Sharing:
    1. 63.1% Swedish + 36.9% Spanish_Andalucia @ 2.93

Dodecad K12b
    7. 66.4% Norwegian + 33.6% TSI30 (Metspalu) @ 3.24
    9. 60.6% Norwegian + 39.4% N_Italian @ 3.32

Target: Nino
    Distance: 1.5423% / 0.01542331
    55.0 ISL_Viking_Age_Norse
    36.6 ITA_Rome_Latini_IA
    8.4 FIN_Levanluhta_IA2

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    French
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-U106>DF98>BY650
    mtDNA (M)
    K1a

France Bretagne Trégor France Bretagne Kroaz Du
    Thank you for sharing. Are you happy with your results?
    Is it easy to distingues basque from french and Iberian?
    There are Basques in France
    A very specific region

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Trelvern For This Useful Post:

NixYO (03-16-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Ger.-Brit.-Catalan-more
    Nationality
    (U.S.) American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-YP619*
    mtDNA (M)
    H1bg

United Kingdom Germany Bayern Catalonia France Ireland Switzerland
    One of the things I like about LivingDNA is that it appears to have picked up at least a portion of my Menorcan ancestry. At least, I think that's the likely source of my 7.9% Iberian Peninsula.

On paper, I should actually have more than that -- about 12.5%, since both of my maternal grandmother's parents had Menorcan fathers. But an interesting thing about LivingDNA and the Balearic islands is that on the map they actually seem to be divided between "Iberian Peninsula" and "France". The westernmost islands of Formentera and Ibiza are marked with the color for Spain/Portugal. (Except, I think, for the Basque region which doesn't have a color.)

The easternmost islands of Mallorca and Menorca are marked with the color for France. My Menorcan ancestors were there for generations, although some of them had earlier (late 15th century) originally been from Mallorca.

My "France" is much larger than my actual French ancestry. I have maybe about 3-9.25%. This includes around 6.25% Alsatian. It looks as if it's pulling in some of my German ancestry, which is higher than the 26.3% that is shown -- by maybe around 10%.

"France" may also be pulling in some of my British ancestry, which is higher than the 20.4% "Great Britain and Ireland" shown by LivingDNA. One result is that my remaining British/Irish is all from Northwestern Scotland (7.7%) and Ireland (12.6%). I actually do have some "English" ancestry, as well, but I think that's the part that the "France" has pulled in.
    Besides British-German-Catalan, ancestry includes smaller amounts of French, Irish, Swiss, Choctaw & another NA tribe, possibly Catawba. Avatar picture is: my father, his father, & his father's father; baby is my eldest brother.

GB

9. The Following User Says Thank You to geebee For This Useful Post:

Nino90 (03-16-2019)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    mixed European
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    Dad: R1b/L21/DF63
    mtDNA (M)
    K2b2
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1b-M269
    mtDNA (P)
    K2b1a1a

United States of America England Wales Sweden Germany
    How deep is the Y-dna and Mtdna tests?
    Similar to 23andme V5?
    I actually got more specific mtDNA results. My full test at FTDNA is K2b2, and that's what I got at LivingDNA. I only have K2b at 23andMe.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to msmarjoribanks For This Useful Post:

Nino90 (10-26-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    British/Irish
    Nationality
    English
    Y-DNA (P)
    I2a1b2
    mtDNA (M)
    U5a2b3

England United Kingdom Scotland Ireland Wales
    Posters might be interested to know that I contacted LivingDNA last month to query when their Irish data-base would be updated. I understand that there has been some frustration about this issue on behalf of many customers. I myself was keen to get a more accurate estimate of my Irish ancestry because their former estimate at 6% fell woefully short of my known Irish paper-trail ancestry. Yesterday I received an updated estimate of my origins, with the 'new Irish data' added. I am now estimated [in standard mode] as being 49.3% Irish, which actually chimes accurately with my known ancestry, with the rest made up of East Anglian, South-East England, South-West Scotland/Northern Ireland and Welsh ancestry. I am under the impression that this 'new Irish data' has not yet been made 'officially' available, or at any rate I have not seen any announcements.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Yorkie For This Useful Post:

Judith (03-22-2019),  rod (03-28-2019),  [email protected] (03-22-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Mostly Welsh,+ flags
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a- Z283 - Y128147
    mtDNA (M)
    J2a1a1a

Wales Scotland Ireland Cornwall United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorkie View Post
    Posters might be interested to know that I contacted LivingDNA last month to query when their Irish data-base would be updated. I understand that there has been some frustration about this issue on behalf of many customers. I myself was keen to get a more accurate estimate of my Irish ancestry because their former estimate at 6% fell woefully short of my known Irish paper-trail ancestry. Yesterday I received an updated estimate of my origins, with the 'new Irish data' added. I am now estimated [in standard mode] as being 49.3% Irish, which actually chimes accurately with my known ancestry, with the rest made up of East Anglian, South-East England, South-West Scotland/Northern Ireland and Welsh ancestry. I am under the impression that this 'new Irish data' has not yet been made 'officially' available, or at any rate I have not seen any announcements.
    Hi Yorkie,
    I messaged them more than once on Twitter, but they ignored me on all occasions, they seem to have a customer service problem, or some kind of problem, I know some other users who have contacted them, one by Facebook, which I do not use, and then by magic had the new Irish dataset applied, and a recalculation of results.
    How did you contact them?
    I find it quite unprofessional that they seem to be updating customers results on an ad hoc basis, and no announcements and ignoring customers who contact them, I’m a little frustrated with them to be honest.
    Gedmatch
    Kit Num: M129412, QA3736362
    23andme
    Hidden Content
    LivingDNA
    Hidden Content

15. The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:

tomz (03-23-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    British/Irish
    Nationality
    English
    Y-DNA (P)
    I2a1b2
    mtDNA (M)
    U5a2b3

England United Kingdom Scotland Ireland Wales
    Hi SG,
    I contacted them directly on [email protected] on February 14th 2019 and I received a reply from Melanie Colbridge on March 21st 2019. To reiterate, I was informed that my results had been updated to include the 'new Irish data'. In my case, the Irish, East Anglian, Central and South-East England, Wales and SW Scot/N.Ireland results fit my paper-trail seemingly very accurately now.

Whilst I have a higher opinion of this company's ability to identify British and Irish dna ethnicities than those of AncestryDNA, 23andMe, FTDNA, [and especially MyHeritageDNA], I agree with you that their record on customer service appears to be somewhat patchy, based upon anecdotal evidence. My advice would be for you to contact them at the above address directly, rather than on Twitter etc.

By the way, also anecdotally, I get the impression that although LivingDNA appear to excel at the identification of British/Irish dna ethnicities, they might have an occasional 'problem' in the frequency by which small to minute [likely 'genetic noise'] amounts of 'Pashtun' dna are assigned to British and Irish customers. This reminds me of MyHeritageDNA's apparently frequent assignment of tiny amounts of 'Nigerian' dna to customers of British and Irish backgrounds.

Please let me know if you receive an updated dna profile after contacting them. Good luck!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yorkie For This Useful Post:

kujira692 (03-23-2019),  [email protected] (03-22-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Nationality
    Irish
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-FGC6545-FT122506
    mtDNA (M)
    H6a1b2*
    mtDNA (P)
    H27e

Ireland
    My dad's data was finally processed and he got his autosomal breakdown. This was obtained from an upload in July when they they giving away the free autosomal breakdown to uploads.

He got 94.3% Ireland, 4.3% Northumbria and 1.4% Cumbria. His standard results are the same. I've attached an image of the complete and cautious results.

Living DNA Dad results.png

For comparison, my mum got 100% Ireland.
    I got 84.6% Ireland, 10.8% Southwest Scotland and Northern Ireland, and 4.5% Northwest Scotland.
    Ancestry: Ireland (Paper trail ≅ 81.25% Roscommon, 12.5% Galway, 6.25% Mayo)
    Y-DNA (P) ancestor (Y): Kelly b. c1830 in Co. Roscommon (Uí Maine)
    mtDNA (P) ancestor: Fleming b. c1831 in Co. Roscommon
    mtDNA (M) ancestor: McDermott b. c1814 in Co. Roscommon
    mtDNA Great grandfather: Connella b. c1798 in Co. Roscommon (T2a1a8)
    Y-DNA 2x great grandfather: Higgins b. c1816 in Co. Roscommon (R-DF109)
    Y-DNA 3x great grandfather: Fleming b. c1829 in Co. Roscommon (R-Z23534)

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FionnSneachta For This Useful Post:

deadly77 (03-30-2019),  sktibo (03-30-2019)

Page 195 of 209 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195196197205 ... LastLast