Thread: DNA.Land Results - Half African American / Half West Indian or Caribbean (Dominica)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    African Am. & West Indian
    Nationality
    American

United States of America Dominica England Scotland Spain Sweden

DNA.Land Results - Half African American / Half West Indian or Caribbean (Dominica)

Here are my results based on Ancestry.com raw DNA download.

Screenshot (1).png

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to emery_green For This Useful Post:

Hurricane (08-31-2020),  kingjohn (02-08-2017),  Mis (08-31-2020),  Oleg (Rus) (02-08-2017),  Rafe (03-02-2017),  RCO (02-08-2017)

Registered Users
    Sex

Do you know where your 10% Finnish could come from?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Nationality
    American

Not exactly, I think DNA.Land focuses on Ancient DNA more. Like my Sicilian and Balkan doesn't show up until the 7s and 9s distances on GEDMatch. Ancestry.com did show 4% Scandinavian, but that percentage keeps getting higher. Sometimes, it's as much as 12%. The bar on Ancestry ranges from 0-11%. In order from research: Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Finland. I'm more Norwegian and Icelandic than the other two, though they do appear. This is a pic of my dad whose dad was paler than anything. A pic of his siblings and dad are in the other pic. They were all from the island of Dominica, except the few that were born in NYC.

Attachment 13884 Attachment 13883

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Nationality
    American

Grandfather passed for Irish in NYC. That showed up as 9% on Ancestry. DNA.Land doesn't test Sweden or Ireland. I asked... on Facebook.

Banned
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    karius the black hair
    Nationality
    east med

Quote Originally Posted by cvolt View Post
    Do you know where your 10% Finnish could come from?
    white settlers

regards
    adam

Registered Users
    Sex

I ask because I have actual Finnish ancestry (not ancient) and it was around 10%. If you haven't already, I'd upload your dna to gedmatch to check it out some more.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Nationality
    American

I have also had Frisian pop up. I don't know what that is. I have another post that shows tons of GEDMatch info. Did your 10% come from Ancestry.com or DNA.Land? Because if it came from DNA.Land, and you believe yours isn't ancient, maybe mine isn't either. It's all so fun and confusing. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by emery_green View Post
    Here are my results based on Ancestry.com raw DNA download.

Screenshot (1).png
    I really wonder what do most black americans get on DNA.land as far as east African and north African heritage? Mine I feel looks abnormal on gedmatch and DNA.land but its normal on ancestrydna. Very low to none.

Thanks for providing your results

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Nationality
    American

Clarification. I've been doing so much research. I've been doing this for like four years. I now know that though my dad's family was from the Caribbean, my paternal grandfather's father was a salesman straight from England, it was not slavery on that side. On Ancestry, I have the East of England Migration. On 23andMe, I have 9 cities from the UK pinpointed. 7 are in England, then I have Belfast, Ireland and Glasgow City, Scotland. The Finnish comes from my mom. She is African American, but has a lot of Asian and Eastern European. I just got my Global 25 coordinates from David, yesterday... or this morning. It's been a blur. And I told him that no matter what calculator I use or PCA plotter, my DNA is heavily on the Eastern European / Uralic / Siberian / Samoedic / Finnic and Western Asian side. But, I love my mix. It's awesome. I have Spanish, Italian, Bulgarian, Greek, DNA from all over Scandinavia. I even have Viking DNA. I'm pretty much equal amounts of French and German, a lot. I'm Indo-Iranian, Indo-Tibetan, Tungusik, Uygur, Thai, Malay, Chinese, a little Japanese, and my Native American is Mayan / Mixe / Zapotec, Siberian, and Kalinago (Arawak) from the Caribbean. I have DNA from all over Africa. So, I love this stuff! I filled out a lot of my family tree back to England on my dad's side. My mom's is based in the U.S., a lot of records, but I can't go back as far. She has a lot less European than I do, but it's there. Sweden is on dad's side, Norway is on mom's. A cousin who is an older lady that used to teach and is a writer in England has just sent my son a book on the history of England, and me a bunch of tea, chocolate, and rosehip syrup. Lol. I'm also related to Emily Dickinson on my dad's side, and the same cousin just informed me that she found evidence of us having a relative that rode with William the Conqueror in 1066. I'm very good at researching. Excuse the excitement. I'm a little wired. It's almost 2am. And I stayed up until the same time doing the same thing (research), last night.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emery_green For This Useful Post:

Hurricane (08-31-2020),  mildlycurly (08-31-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Nationality
    American

I've used GedMatch. Finnish is recent. It's the longest length admixture on my Ancestry timeline on 23andMe. I was new to research back then. I wasn't sure of where things were coming from. But, I did run my mom's Ancestry results through DNA.Land a long time ago, and she was Finnish, Slavic, Siberian, and Eastern European. She did have Finnish on Ancestry, but they kept updating things. My results on there right now, are not super accurate. It left out a lot of stuff that was correct before.
    Last edited by emery_green; 08-31-2020 at 06:36 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to emery_green For This Useful Post:

Hurricane (08-31-2020)