Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 46

Thread: Ancient Eurasia K6 - Deducing Traces of Back to Africa Migrations

  1. #21
    These are my results.


    Sub_Saharan 86.57
    2 Natufian 6.31
    3 Ancestral_North_Eurasian 2.56
    4 East_Asian 2.43
    5 West_European_Hunter_Gartherer 1.65
    6 Ancestral_South_Eurasian 0.48

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jaderose22 For This Useful Post:

     nee4speed111 (03-25-2017),  NiloSaharan (05-14-2018)

  3. #22
    Registered Users
    Posts
    130
    Sex
    Location
    Tunis,Tunisia
    Ethnicity
    Subsahara,North Africa,ME
    Nationality
    Tunisian
    mtDNA (M)
    L2A1C
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1A-YP1276

    Tunisia
    my result:

    Admix Results (sorted):

    # Population Percent
    1 Sub_Saharan 54.66
    2 Natufian 26.2
    3 West_European_Hunter_Gartherer 9.75
    4 Ancestral_North_Eurasian 8.72
    5 Ancestral_South_Eurasian 0.68

    Single Population Sharing:

    # Population (source) Distance
    1 Somali 7.73
    2 Masai 23.23
    3 Moroccan 35.71
    4 Hadza 36.04
    5 Saharawi 37.44
    6 Mota 38.26
    7 Algerian 39.49
    8 Libyan 45.76
    9 Yemeni 45.82
    10 Egyptian 48.95
    11 Gambian 53.23
    12 BedouinA 55.09
    13 Esan 56.81
    14 Yoruba 56.81
    15 Jordanian 57.91
    16 Syrian 58.98
    17 Palestinian 59.12
    18 Jew_Libyan 60.88
    19 Lebanese 61.14
    20 GoyetQ116 61.23

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Darko For This Useful Post:

     nee4speed111 (03-25-2017),  NiloSaharan (05-14-2018),  Targum (03-26-2017)

  5. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by SWAHILLI_PRINCE16 View Post
    Admix Results (sorted):

    # Population Percent
    1 Sub_Saharan 88.07
    2 Natufian 5.76
    3 Ancestral_North_Eurasian 3.32
    4 East_Asian 2.32
    5 Ancestral_South_Eurasian 0.53

    Single Population Sharing:

    # Population (source) Distance
    1 Hadza 7.37
    2 Mota 7.86
    3 Gambian 11.16
    4 Esan 14.6
    5 Yoruba 14.6
    6 Masai 20.55
    7 Somali 42.57
    8 Moroccan 78.33
    9 Saharawi 79.73
    10 Algerian 81.96
    11 Yemeni 87.8
    12 Libyan 88.39
    13 Egyptian 91.47
    14 GoyetQ116 96.84
    15 BedouinA 97.48
    16 Jordanian 100.25
    17 Syrian 101.19
    18 Palestinian 101.49
    19 Turkmen 103.25
    20 Lebanese 103.48

    Mixed Mode Population Sharing:

    # Primary Population (source) Secondary Population (source) Distance
    1 88.1% Esan + 11.9% Azeri @ 2.04
    2 88.1% Yoruba + 11.9% Azeri @ 2.04
    3 67.3% Hadza + 32.7% Yoruba @ 2.25
    4 67.3% Hadza + 32.7% Esan @ 2.25
    5 88.1% Esan + 11.9% Iranian @ 2.26
    6 88.1% Yoruba + 11.9% Iranian @ 2.26
    7 88.1% Esan + 11.9% Iranian_Mazandarani @ 2.27
    8 88.1% Yoruba + 11.9% Iranian_Mazandarani @ 2.27
    9 88.1% Esan + 11.9% Iran_recent @ 2.27
    10 88.1% Yoruba + 11.9% Iran_recent @ 2.27
    11 87.8% Yoruba + 12.2% Iranian_Shirazi @ 2.31
    12 87.8% Esan + 12.2% Iranian_Shirazi @ 2.31
    13 88.1% Esan + 11.9% Kurd_C @ 2.31
    14 88.1% Yoruba + 11.9% Kurd_C @ 2.31
    15 90.7% Gambian + 9.3% Azeri @ 2.37
    16 88.1% Yoruba + 11.9% Iran_N_WC1 @ 2.4
    17 88.1% Esan + 11.9% Iran_N_WC1 @ 2.4
    18 90.7% Gambian + 9.3% Iranian_Mazandarani @ 2.44
    19 88.3% Yoruba + 11.7% Iran_ChL @ 2.45
    20 88.3% Esan + 11.7% Iran_ChL @ 2.45
    Our oracles look pretty close


    # Population (source) Distance
    1 Hadza 5.67
    2 Mota 6.81
    3 Gambian 12.63
    4 Esan 16.17
    5 Yoruba 16.17
    6 Masai 18.9
    7 Somali 40.86
    8 Moroccan 76.41
    9 Saharawi 77.78
    10 Algerian 80.01
    11 Yemeni 86.18
    12 Libyan 86.61
    13 Egyptian 89.75
    14 GoyetQ116 94.83
    15 BedouinA 95.81
    16 Jordanian 98.57
    17 Syrian 99.54
    18 Palestinian 99.82
    19 Turkmen 101.63
    20 Jew_Libyan 101.79


    Its backwards too I'm closer to middle eastern and east African while you're close to the Nigerian populations. Lol and I'm supposed to be the Nigerian lol.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to jaderose22 For This Useful Post:

     Targum (03-26-2017)

  7. #24
    Registered Users
    Posts
    49
    Sex

    Congo Kinshasa United States of America
    As much it’s overdue, it’s interesting how it keep showing up.
    Here is mine. Tutsi from Congo.


    # Population Percent
    1 Sub_Saharan 69.68
    2 Natufian 16.99
    3 Ancestral_South_Eurasian 5.88
    4 West_European_Hunter_Gartherer 5.72
    5 Ancestral_North_Eurasian 1.73


    Finished reading population data. 136 populations found.
    6 components mode.

    --------------------------------

    Least-squares method.

    Using 1 population approximation:
    1 Masai @ 6.727458
    2 Hadza @ 16.249865
    3 Mota @ 17.988869
    4 Somali @ 19.575893
    5 Gambian @ 32.199867
    6 Esan @ 35.754124
    7 Yoruba @ 35.754124
    8 Moroccan @ 52.826511
    9 Saharawi @ 54.070789
    10 Algerian @ 56.318645
    11 Yemeni @ 62.471874
    12 Libyan @ 62.552933
    13 Egyptian @ 65.670326
    14 BedouinA @ 71.528435
    15 GoyetQ116 @ 72.768639
    16 Jordanian @ 74.184113
    17 Syrian @ 75.215889
    18 Palestinian @ 75.340179
    19 Jew_Libyan @ 77.034256
    20 Lebanese @ 77.226753

    Using 2 populations approximation:
    1 50% Mota +50% Somali @ 4.220690


    Using 3 populations approximation:
    1 50% Mota +25% Mota +25% Saharawi @ 3.260913


    Using 4 populations approximation:
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    1 Mota + Mota + Mota + Saharawi @ 3.260913
    2 Hadza + Mota + Mota + Saharawi @ 3.392245
    3 Gambian + Masai + Mota + Saharawi @ 3.977344
    4 Hadza + Moroccan + Mota + Mota @ 4.040066
    5 Hadza + Hadza + Mota + Saharawi @ 4.085986
    6 Algerian + Mota + Mota + Mota @ 4.159671
    7 Moroccan + Mota + Mota + Mota @ 4.169758
    8 Algerian + Hadza + Mota + Mota @ 4.194192
    9 Mota + Mota + Somali + Somali @ 4.220690
    10 Gambian + Masai + Moroccan + Mota @ 4.227795
    11 Esan + Masai + Mota + Saharawi @ 4.274572
    12 Masai + Mota + Saharawi + Yoruba @ 4.274572
    13 Algerian + Gambian + Masai + Mota @ 4.347736
    14 Hadza + Hadza + Moroccan + Mota @ 4.414671
    15 Algerian + Esan + Masai + Mota @ 4.519278
    16 Algerian + Masai + Mota + Yoruba @ 4.519278
    17 Esan + Masai + Moroccan + Mota @ 4.558244
    18 Masai + Moroccan + Mota + Yoruba @ 4.558244
    19 Gambian + Libyan + Mota + Mota @ 4.682868
    20 Gambian + Mota + Mota + Saharawi @ 4.695532

    Done.

  8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Espoir For This Useful Post:

     Deftextra (06-17-2019),  NiloSaharan (08-04-2019),  sum1 (06-17-2019),  SWAHILLI_PRINCE16 (06-18-2019),  VytautusofAukstaitija (06-16-2019)

  9. #25
    Registered Users
    Posts
    49
    Sex

    Congo Kinshasa United States of America
    Quote Originally Posted by NiloSaharan View Post
    Here's the results of Africans in and around Central-East Africa, they're all distant GEDmatches of immediate family members:

    Half Congolese(Bashi Tribe), half Rwandan (unknown ethnic group *probable Cushitic influence(Tutsi)):

    Ancestral_North_Eurasian 0.82
    Ancestral_South_Eurasian 0.51
    East_Asian 1.45
    West_European_Hunter_Gartherer 2.81
    Natufian 9.68
    Sub_Saharan 84.73

    Congolese (identified as Yembe, Central Congo?)
    Ancestral_North_Eurasian -
    Ancestral_South_Eurasian 0.43
    East_Asian 0.08
    West_European_Hunter_Gartherer 0.13
    Natufian 0.48
    Sub_Saharan 98.88


    Kenyan (unknown ethnic group)
    Ancestral_North_Eurasian 1.27
    Ancestral_South_Eurasian 1.16
    East_Asian 1.22
    West_European_Hunter_Gartherer 0.26
    Natufian 4.09
    Sub_Saharan 91.99

    half Ugandan (West-Nile region), half South Sudanese (Equatoria region, unknown ethnic group)
    Ancestral_North_Eurasian 0.17
    Ancestral_South_Eurasian 2.12
    East_Asian 1.00
    West_European_Hunter_Gartherer -
    Natufian 5.07
    Sub_Saharan 91.64


    At first, I presumed the Ancestral_South_Eurasian and E_Asian results might be a bizarre rendering of my pygmy affinity but similarly to members in my immediate family, this Congolese match also has notable pygmy affinities ~10% yet lacks any ASE/E_Asian affinities above noise level.

    The lack of these affinities in this Congolese match seems to agree with the idea that the ASE/E_Asian Back-to-Africa migration didn't expand into Western Africa. The Yoruba sample-set shows an average 100% Sub_Saharan on the calc's spreadsheet, further north/west the average Gambian however shows a hint of Ancestral S_Eurasian at 1.10%. Could this be from traces of ancient East-African migrations across the Sahel? Interestingly, the only West-African affinity of my immediate family on DNA.land is from the Senegalese River Valley and the Lower Niger river -- I assume this is due to ancient bidirectional migrations perhaps during the last Holocene .
    The Congolese Yembe is very interesting, no clear sign of Eurasian ancestry. Cool!
    Last edited by Espoir; 06-16-2019 at 05:10 AM.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Espoir For This Useful Post:

     VytautusofAukstaitija (06-16-2019)

  11. #26
    Registered Users
    Posts
    49
    Sex

    Congo Kinshasa United States of America
    Quote Originally Posted by NiloSaharan View Post
    Here's the results of Africans in and around Central-East Africa, they're all distant GEDmatches of immediate family members:

    Half Congolese(Bashi Tribe), half Rwandan (unknown ethnic group *probable Cushitic influence(Tutsi)):

    Ancestral_North_Eurasian 0.82
    Ancestral_South_Eurasian 0.51
    East_Asian 1.45
    West_European_Hunter_Gartherer 2.81
    Natufian 9.68
    Sub_Saharan 84.73

    Congolese (identified as Yembe, Central Congo?)
    Ancestral_North_Eurasian -
    Ancestral_South_Eurasian 0.43
    East_Asian 0.08
    West_European_Hunter_Gartherer 0.13
    Natufian 0.48
    Sub_Saharan 98.88


    Kenyan (unknown ethnic group)
    Ancestral_North_Eurasian 1.27
    Ancestral_South_Eurasian 1.16
    East_Asian 1.22
    West_European_Hunter_Gartherer 0.26
    Natufian 4.09
    Sub_Saharan 91.99

    half Ugandan (West-Nile region), half South Sudanese (Equatoria region, unknown ethnic group)
    Ancestral_North_Eurasian 0.17
    Ancestral_South_Eurasian 2.12
    East_Asian 1.00
    West_European_Hunter_Gartherer -
    Natufian 5.07
    Sub_Saharan 91.64


    At first, I presumed the Ancestral_South_Eurasian and E_Asian results might be a bizarre rendering of my pygmy affinity but similarly to members in my immediate family, this Congolese match also has notable pygmy affinities ~10% yet lacks any ASE/E_Asian affinities above noise level.

    The lack of these affinities in this Congolese match seems to agree with the idea that the ASE/E_Asian Back-to-Africa migration didn't expand into Western Africa. The Yoruba sample-set shows an average 100% Sub_Saharan on the calc's spreadsheet, further north/west the average Gambian however shows a hint of Ancestral S_Eurasian at 1.10%. Could this be from traces of ancient East-African migrations across the Sahel? Interestingly, the only West-African affinity of my immediate family on DNA.land is from the Senegalese River Valley and the Lower Niger river -- I assume this is due to ancient bidirectional migrations perhaps during the last Holocene .
    Be careful with Bashi, some of them like the Pastoral Bahavu are phenotypically closer to Tutsis. Donít know of any genetic study about them, but I assume they might be very close to Tutsis.

  12. #27
    Registered Users
    Posts
    10
    Sex
    Omitted
    Ethnicity
    Somali
    mtDNA (M)
    L3i2

    Somalia
    Admix Results (sorted):

    # Population Percent
    1 Sub_Saharan 49.66
    2 Natufian 31.02
    3 West_European_Hunter_Gartherer 7.67
    4 Ancestral_South_Eurasian 7.29
    5 Ancestral_North_Eurasian 4.35


    Finished reading population data. 136 populations found.
    6 components mode.

    --------------------------------

    Least-squares method.

    Using 1 population approximation:
    1 Somali @ 9.026160
    2 Masai @ 27.902666
    3 Moroccan @ 29.578457
    4 Saharawi @ 30.719917
    5 Algerian @ 33.196621
    6 Libyan @ 38.547779
    7 Yemeni @ 38.735924
    8 Hadza @ 40.321583
    9 Egyptian @ 41.693214
    10 Mota @ 42.291828

    Seems I scored a lot higher than most people in ASE.

    WeGene also picks up some Indian ancestry for me when I have no known Indian ancestry and scored 99.9% Somali on 23andme. I wonder what caused them to pick up this ancestry.
    Last edited by sum1; 06-17-2019 at 12:48 AM.

  13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sum1 For This Useful Post:

     Deftextra (06-17-2019),  Espoir (06-17-2019),  VytautusofAukstaitija (06-16-2019)

  14. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Espoir View Post
    Be careful with Bashi, some of them like the Pastoral Bahavu are phenotypically closer to Tutsis. Don’t know of any genetic study about them, but I assume they might be very close to Tutsis.
    Wait - how much phenotypically Tutsi or NE African-looking folks are there in Congo and the Great Lakes?

    And what's the history of the more eastern members of this group? are there any past the the Congolese Rift mountain ranges? Did any such groups ever exist past the Congo river?

    I know that some pastoralist groups went as far south as Katanga - and that the namesake people of the Songora region of the southern Rwenzori mountians look very Tutsi, as do the royal family. And that are Tutsis in the nearby Congolese section of the Virunga mountians, and we have the Hema further north in the vicinity of Bunia - so how large is the spread of Erythrean/Cushitic descended peoples in the Great Lakes and Central Africa? who are the farthest flung pastoralist groups historically (or even prehistorically) and presently that you know of?

    Also - do you see any similarities between the Great Lakes pastoralist peoples and heavily Erythraen/Cushitic influenced SW African pastoralist people like the Khoi Nama, and Bantu Herero?

    All this deserves it's own thread tbh, but is it possible that you can give a summary?

  15. #29
    Registered Users
    Posts
    49
    Sex

    Congo Kinshasa United States of America
    Quote Originally Posted by VytautusofAukstaitija View Post
    Wait - how much phenotypically Tutsi or NE African-looking folks are there in Congo and the Great Lakes?
    In D.R.Congo there is Banyamulenge(most south-Western Tutsis) located in the plateaus of Itombwe/Fizi. Keep in mind that there are other groups in South Kivu that are Tutsis but not Banyamulenge. Bahavu, I already mentioned them. Tutsis of North Kivu, close to Rwanda-Uganda border. Then Bahema of areas around Bunia( close to Rwenzori mountains range), near their linguistic relatives Batooro of Uganda.

    In Uganda, there is Basongola, Bahima( not to be confused with Bahema) of Ankole, Batuku. All those are closely related(phenotypically) groups. Though, they all speak different dialects. Bahema of Congo are also very much related to all these Ugandan groups said above.

    Then comes Tutsis of Rwanda, Burundi.
    Western Tanzania has other groups too. There is Baha of Buha kingdom, and many other that Iím not very knowledgeable about. Karagwe was a kingdom ruled by a dynasty of Ba-Hinda. Guess the populace has some Tutsi groups apart from royals. Someone knowledgeable can add to this since Iím not very familiar with Tanzania. I know the groups but donít want engolf the whole of kingdoms into Tutsis , I assume they have their agricultural neighbors in those Tanzanian kingdoms.


    Quote Originally Posted by VytautusofAukstaitija View Post
    And what's the history of the more eastern members of this group? are there any past the the Congolese Rift mountain ranges? Did any such groups ever exist past the Congo river?
    The first Person(Banyamulenge) to cross into present day Congo had few of his descendants move further West into Kasai and those people were completely assimilated in the local Kasai people. These look very Nilotic today.


    Quote Originally Posted by VytautusofAukstaitija View Post
    I know that some pastoralist groups went as far south as Katanga - and that the namesake people of the Songora region of the southern Rwenzori mountians look very Tutsi, as do the royal family. And that are Tutsis in the nearby Congolese section of the Virunga mountians, and we have the Hema further north in the vicinity of Bunia - so how large is the spread of Erythrean/Cushitic descended peoples in the Great Lakes and Central Africa? who are the farthest flung pastoralist groups historically (or even prehistorically) and presently that you know of?
    Impressed! How do u know all this? Other than Bunyoro, most of not all Kingdoms in the Great Lakes had Tutsi-looking royals. I was surprised by a royal from Batooro(Tooro kingdom) that was E-M75 and genetically was very similar to us, but specifically like Hema. I would expect him to be more Nilotic influenced since Bunyoro-Tooro-Buganda ruling dynasties are of Nilotic origin.
    Banyamulenge are the farthest spread pastoralists in central Africa.

    Quote Originally Posted by VytautusofAukstaitija View Post
    Also - do you see any similarities between the Great Lakes pastoralist peoples and heavily Erythraen/Cushitic influenced SW African pastoralist people like the Khoi Nama, and Bantu Herero?
    Not really! From pictures I have seen, Nama look more like the Iraqw or other Tanzanian Cushitic/Nilotic pastoralists. Inter-lacustrine pastoralists, regardless which country they are from, have their own look with of course overlaps with other pastoral groups outside that region.

    Quote Originally Posted by VytautusofAukstaitija View Post
    All this deserves it's own thread tbh, but is it possible that you can give a summary?
    I know! You can if you want. I would be more than happy to share what I know

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Espoir For This Useful Post:

     VytautusofAukstaitija (06-18-2019)

  17. #30
    Registered Users
    Posts
    15
    Sex
    Location
    Canada
    Ethnicity
    Tutsi
    Nationality
    Rwandan
    mtDNA (M)
    M1a1f
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-M293

    Rwanda Canada
    Hello. Tutsi from Rwanda

    Admix Results (sorted):

    # Population Percent
    1 Sub_Saharan 74.10
    2 Natufian 16.75
    3 West_European_Hunter_Gartherer 2.90
    4 East_Asian 2.67
    5 Ancestral_North_Eurasian 1.94
    6 Ancestral_South_Eurasian 1.64


    Finished reading population data. 136 populations found.
    6 components mode.

    --------------------------------

    Least-squares method.

    Using 1 population approximation:
    1 Masai @ 3.007317
    2 Hadza @ 11.334406
    3 Mota @ 15.108930
    4 Somali @ 22.739302
    5 Gambian @ 27.783373
    6 Esan @ 31.196812
    7 Yoruba @ 31.196812
    8 Moroccan @ 57.172150
    9 Saharawi @ 58.345551
    10 Algerian @ 60.646557
    11 Yemeni @ 66.316193
    12 Libyan @ 66.580467
    13 Egyptian @ 69.629601
    14 BedouinA @ 75.477638
    15 Jordanian @ 78.189339
    16 GoyetQ116 @ 78.241058
    17 Syrian @ 79.221199
    18 Palestinian @ 79.313744
    19 Lebanese @ 81.255295
    20 Jew_Libyan @ 81.351059

    Using 2 populations approximation:
    1 50% Masai +50% Masai @ 3.007317


    Using 3 populations approximation:
    1 50% Hadza +25% Masai +25% Somali @ 1.834042


    Using 4 populations approximation:
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    1 Hadza + Hadza + Masai + Somali @ 1.834042
    2 Esan + Hadza + Somali + Somali @ 2.078049
    3 Hadza + Somali + Somali + Yoruba @ 2.078049
    4 Gambian + Masai + Masai + Somali @ 2.465501
    5 Gambian + Hadza + Somali + Somali @ 2.470564
    6 Hadza + Masai + Masai + Masai @ 2.655827
    7 Esan + Mota + Somali + Somali @ 2.765312
    8 Mota + Somali + Somali + Yoruba @ 2.765312
    9 Esan + Masai + Masai + Somali @ 2.813773
    10 Masai + Masai + Somali + Yoruba @ 2.813773
    11 Hadza + Masai + Mota + Somali @ 2.834834
    12 Masai + Masai + Masai + Masai @ 3.007317
    13 Gambian + Mota + Somali + Somali @ 3.021153
    14 Hadza + Hadza + Hadza + Somali @ 3.206467
    15 Esan + Hadza + Hadza + Saharawi @ 3.337531
    16 Hadza + Hadza + Saharawi + Yoruba @ 3.337531
    17 Gambian + Gambian + Hadza + Libyan @ 3.368391
    18 Esan + Gambian + Hadza + Libyan @ 3.500894
    19 Gambian + Hadza + Libyan + Yoruba @ 3.500894
    20 Gambian + Gambian + Somali + Somali @ 3.513886

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rwaka For This Useful Post:

     Espoir (06-18-2019),  VytautusofAukstaitija (06-18-2019)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-10-2018, 08:27 PM
  2. *New* Ancient-Eurasia K10 DIY calculator
    By Passa in forum Autosomal (auDNA)
    Replies: 268
    Last Post: 08-21-2018, 11:59 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-08-2016, 05:03 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-21-2016, 05:48 PM
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-17-2015, 06:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •