Thread: Results from Argyll or Glasgow ?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    celto-germanic
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-Z253 >Z6749.1
    mtDNA (M)
    H

Scotland Cornwall Ireland United Kingdom United States of America Lorraine

Results from Argyll or Glasgow ?

Does anyone have access to ancestryDNA results from Argyll and/or Glasgow Scotland ? If so could you post it ?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NewAlbion For This Useful Post:

sktibo (02-28-2017)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Pictland/Deira
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-M222-FGC5864
    mtDNA (M)
    H5r*

Quote Originally Posted by NewAlbion View Post
    Does anyone have access to ancestryDNA results from Argyll and/or Glasgow Scotland ? If so could you post it ?
    Only just seen this. I have Glasgow ancestry - Paterson ggm and Dow ggms both born there in 1850s. Their spouses (and both gps) were natives of Lennoxtown which is just outside Glasgow. Are you after admixture results or what? GEDMatch ids in my sig.

Of course 'Glasgow DNA' is a bit of a nebulous thing given its rapid and fairly recent expansion.
    Last edited by MacUalraig; 03-10-2017 at 06:52 PM.
    YSEQ:#37; YFull: YF01405 (Y Elite 2013)
    WGS (Full Genomes Nov 2015, YSEQ Feb 2019, Dante Mar 2019, FGC-10X Linked Reads Apr 2019, Dante-Nanopore May 2019, Chronomics Jan 2020, Sano Genetics Feb 2020, Nebula Genomics June 2020)
    Ancestry GCs: Scots in central Scotland & Ulster, Ireland; English in Yorkshire & Pennines
    Hidden Content
    FBIMatch: A------ (autosomal DNA) for segment matching DO NOT POST ADMIXTURE REPORTS USING MY KIT

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    celto-germanic
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-Z253 >Z6749.1
    mtDNA (M)
    H

Scotland Cornwall Ireland United Kingdom United States of America Lorraine
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUalraig View Post
    Only just seen this. I have Glasgow ancestry - Paterson ggm and Dow ggms both born there in 1850s. Their spouses (and both gps) were natives of Lennoxtown which is just outside Glasgow. Are you after admixture results or what? GEDMatch ids in my sig.

Of course 'Glasgow DNA' is a bit of a nebulous thing given its rapid and fairly recent expansion.
    Yeah, sorry it took so long to get back to you. I am American but have Irish, Southwest German (Alsace-lorraine), Scottish and English ancestry. I am thinking my ancestry mix might be very similar to Argyll-Bhute since the Irish and Scottish are closely related. Scots just have more Germanic and Anglo-Saxon admixture but not as much as the English. Mary Queen of Scots had ancestry from Lorraine. Dodecad V3, from GEDmatch, has my highest single population match at Argyll. The new AncestryDNA genetic communities has me as Ulster Irish but the people of Ulster and Scotland are closely related.

I was after admixture results I will check out your GEDmatch kits results, thanks for the reply.

BTW, my Gedmatch kit no. is A703943 n case you want it.
    Last edited by NewAlbion; 06-12-2017 at 03:59 AM.
    "Religion is something left over from the infancy of our intelligence it will fade as we adopt reason and science as our guidelines."--Bertrand Russell

"ah, yes, dear brutes-- but then we must also be ever vigilant against scientism since neolithic humans cannot do real science." --New Albion

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NewAlbion For This Useful Post:

JMcB (06-12-2017)