Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA
    Q-BZ68
    mtDNA
    H23

Italy Two Sicilies Germany Palatinate Lithuania Poland Slovakia
    Quote Originally Posted by sam-iJ-ZS1727 View Post
    You Know, Saracens ( Berbers and Arabs ) conquered Sicily and lived there more than 200 years.
    The history says that, after the defeat of the saracens against The normans, the muslim communities lived under their rule for a while, then rebelled, so the Norman King Frederick II deported about 20000 Muslims to Lucerna where they lived for 75 years. Lucerna was called Lucaera Saracenorum. It was Sacked in 1300 by Charles II of Naple. Many Saracens were killed, enslaved and sold, but many took refuge in ALBANIA...that is the link you are looking for with Albania
    Thanks that is an interesting link to explore. I did find one other J-ZS1711 that isn't Arabic. He is on the Y Full tree with one other ZS1711. Not sure how I didn't remember him? Maybe he was just added after I initially looked there a few months ago? Anyway all the others I had been looking in FTDNA projects. This man lists being from the United Kingdom. The other man is from Qatar. https://www.yfull.com/tree/J-ZS1711/ The TMRCA for this subclade is really far back; 4200 ybp.

There is family lore right from the family in Italy that our original Albanian last name was forgotten because a nobleman from this line went to England, and upon his return he was nick named the "Englishman". The last name then was taken from that. It has me wondering now if this ancestor might have left children in England? Really need a Big Y!

I am going to check out your suggestion though. My mother, brother, and myself all have a distant autosomal match to a man from Saudi Arabia. When we had spoken through email he indicated that he did not have many matches, and my family made up most of them. I always assumed that we are linked to him through Albania.

**Sam I'm going to move our posts over to my J1 thread. I don't want to go too far off topic from the OP.
    Maternal Grandfather's Y Line: J-ZS1711
    Maternal Grandfather's mtDNA: K2b1
    Paternal Grandmother’s mtDNA: U5a1

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Arab
    Nationality
    Tunisia
    Y-DNA
    J-YSC76 J-ZS1727
    mtDNA
    H7

Tunisia Canada Quebec Saudi Arabia Palestine Egypt Jordan
    I am gonna give you an advice : Don't look for your exact Haplogroup to find informations about your origins. I am of Haplogroup J-ZS1727 which is a subgroup of JZS1711 which is a Subgroup of the Father Group YSC76. So look to YSC76 to understand origins. It is the Haplogroup of the tribe called ''Judham'' which is believed to be the main population of the Edomite Territory south and East Canaan. Edomites were certainly part of the pupulation of the Cananite and after the defeat of cananites by the hebrews ( who consider them as their cousins) the edomites invaded parts of judea and became the rulers of judea ( king Herod, for example ) Edomites were accepted at jews after 3 generations of living in judea. And many of edomite jews are believed to have joined the eschkenazi kingdom of Khazar ( that explains that many jews from east europe belong to ysc76 ) edomites integrated the Nabatean civilisation, other remained bédouins, which are the judhama tribe who conquered, in islamic period egypt, north Africa, sicily, and Iberia.Results from Britain are the most important in number. You may have the explanation, you said that you were called the English, i think, that your ancestors, as refugees, part lived in Albania and an other part travelled to Britain, and your part of family returned to italy.

Administrator
    Sex
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA
    Q-BZ68
    mtDNA
    H23

Italy Two Sicilies Germany Palatinate Lithuania Poland Slovakia
    I see new additions to the J-ZS1711 tree at Y-Full. A man from Bahrain, and there is also a man from Saudi Arabia. They are listed as J-ZS1711*. https://www.yfull.com/tree/J-ZS1711/

The other men I mentioned earlier from Qatar and the United Kingdom are now listed in Y Full as J-ZS1706. My cousin is negative for that SNP.
    Maternal Grandfather's Y Line: J-ZS1711
    Maternal Grandfather's mtDNA: K2b1
    Paternal Grandmother’s mtDNA: U5a1

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345