Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Is there any Armenian of fully East Armenian/Anatolian Armenian ancestry on Gedmatch?

  1. #1
    Registered Users
    Posts
    20
    Sex

    Is there any Armenian of fully East Armenian/Anatolian Armenian ancestry on Gedmatch?

    Is anyone aware of any Armenians of fully East Armenian/Anatolian Armenian ancestry on GEDmatch?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Posts
    4
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Armenian, Russian
    Nationality
    American

    Armenia Russian Federation United States of America
    Hello. Not sure if this answers your question at all, but I have noticed that West Armenians are typically grouped with "Assyrian" or "Turkish," and East Armenians are more frequently grouped with "Georgian" and "Abkhansian." At least that has been my experience as someone with 75% East Armenian ancestry. Oddly enough, "Armenian" is typically listed far lower on the oracle, unless I look at the 4-ancestry split, where it is more prominent. I'm not sure if you are referring to people who have run their DNA in the system or their sample base. Hope this helps a little.

  3. #3
    Registered Users
    Posts
    305
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Y-DNA (P)
    N-P43

    Turkey Great Seljuk Empire Cappadocian Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmoSlavLady View Post
    Hello. Not sure if this answers your question at all, but I have noticed that West Armenians are typically grouped with "Assyrian" or "Turkish," and East Armenians are more frequently grouped with "Georgian" and "Abkhansian." At least that has been my experience as someone with 75% East Armenian ancestry. Oddly enough, "Armenian" is typically listed far lower on the oracle, unless I look at the 4-ancestry split, where it is more prominent.
    Not really. Both West and East Armenians get "Armenian" and "Assyrian" as top matches, however the former seem to be closer to Assyrians and have more SW Asian/Near East admixture. I guess the Armenian reference in the spreadsheet consist of East Armenians. East Armenians, despite being more Caucasus-shifted than West Armenians, are still closer to Assyrians than to Georgians and Abkhazians.

    West Armenian from East Anatolia

    Admix Results (sorted):
    # Population Percent
    1 Caucasian 47.05
    2 South_Central_Asian 18.60
    3 Near_East 16.22
    4 European_Early_Farmers 10.41
    5 Ancestral_Altaic 2.61
    6 North_African 2.39


    Finished reading population data. 620 populations found.
    23 components mode.

    --------------------------------

    Least-squares method.

    Using 1 population approximation:
    1 Assyrian_Iraqi_ @ 3.803173
    2 Jew_Tat_ @ 4.354620
    3 Iraqi_Chaldean_ @ 6.387510
    4 Assyrian_Arzni_ @ 6.476941
    5 Uzbekistani_Jew_ @ 6.940325
    6 Iraqi_Jew_ @ 7.220388
    7 Armenian_Yerevan_ @ 7.253999
    8 Georgian_Jew_ @ 7.273212
    9 Iranian_Jew_ @ 7.355903
    10 Armenian_ @ 7.465508
    11 Kurd_Jew_ @ 7.782829
    12 Turk_Kayseri_ @ 8.766453
    13 Iraqi_Mandean_ @ 9.383309
    14 Turk_Adana_ @ 9.456986
    15 Lebanese_Druze_ @ 10.537652
    16 Kurd_North_ @ 11.562713
    17 Lebanese_Muslim_ @ 11.725450
    18 Turk_ @ 11.791204
    19 Uzbek_Tashkent_ @ 11.910735
    20 Azeri_ @ 12.301832

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alkaevli For This Useful Post:

     basmaci (09-11-2017),  Targum (09-17-2017)

  5. #4
    Banned
    Posts
    4,087
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    karius the black hair
    Nationality
    east med

    Quote Originally Posted by Gurni View Post
    Is anyone aware of any Armenians of fully East Armenian/Anatolian Armenian ancestry on GEDmatch?
    i have some armenian gedmatch kit i send it you privately
    god knows if they are of fully east armenian .....

  6. #5
    Registered Users
    Posts
    20
    Sex

    -----
    Last edited by Gurni; 09-18-2017 at 02:33 AM.

  7. #6
    Registered Users
    Posts
    20
    Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by Alkaevli View Post
    Not really. Both West and East Armenians get "Armenian" and "Assyrian" as top matches, however the former seem to be closer to Assyrians and have more SW Asian/Near East admixture. I guess the Armenian reference in the spreadsheet consist of East Armenians. East Armenians, despite being more Caucasus-shifted than West Armenians, are still closer to Assyrians than to Georgians and Abkhazians.

    West Armenian from East Anatolia

    Admix Results (sorted):
    # Population Percent
    1 Caucasian 47.05
    2 South_Central_Asian 18.60
    3 Near_East 16.22
    4 European_Early_Farmers 10.41
    5 Ancestral_Altaic 2.61
    6 North_African 2.39


    Finished reading population data. 620 populations found.
    23 components mode.

    --------------------------------

    Least-squares method.

    Using 1 population approximation:
    1 Assyrian_Iraqi_ @ 3.803173
    2 Jew_Tat_ @ 4.354620
    3 Iraqi_Chaldean_ @ 6.387510
    4 Assyrian_Arzni_ @ 6.476941
    5 Uzbekistani_Jew_ @ 6.940325
    6 Iraqi_Jew_ @ 7.220388
    7 Armenian_Yerevan_ @ 7.253999
    8 Georgian_Jew_ @ 7.273212
    9 Iranian_Jew_ @ 7.355903
    10 Armenian_ @ 7.465508
    11 Kurd_Jew_ @ 7.782829
    12 Turk_Kayseri_ @ 8.766453
    13 Iraqi_Mandean_ @ 9.383309
    14 Turk_Adana_ @ 9.456986
    15 Lebanese_Druze_ @ 10.537652
    16 Kurd_North_ @ 11.562713
    17 Lebanese_Muslim_ @ 11.725450
    18 Turk_ @ 11.791204
    19 Uzbek_Tashkent_ @ 11.910735
    20 Azeri_ @ 12.301832
    You are right when it comes to the results of looking at the admixture. However don't forget that this does not mean that Armenians are close genetically to Assyrians, what the oracles show is that the admixture of Armenians look SIMILAR to Assyrians. This does not in anyway indicate that Assyrians and Armenians are closely related genetically, only that their genetic make up looks similar to .

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-01-2019, 02:16 AM
  2. 1/2 Siberian 1/2 Armenian Gedmatch results
    By Aha in forum Autosomal (auDNA)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-25-2018, 11:17 AM
  3. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-29-2018, 08:02 AM
  4. Armenian ancestry in Poland
    By Tomenable in forum Western
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-26-2017, 08:32 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-24-2013, 01:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •